Thursday, September 10, 2009

Artistic Beauty


This is another card I made for Operation Write Home. Still using the same supplies. Once I pull out patterned paper from my stash I try to make as many cards as possible otherwise I end up with scraps everywhere. To change things up a bit though I chose a different layout and went with more of an artistic feel.

My card base is a half sheet of Cool Caribbean cardstock folded in half. I cut a strip of My Minds Eye 29th Street Market patterned paper and adhered it to a piece of Kraft cardstock then paper pierced around all the edges before attaching it to the card base.

The image was stamped in Basic Brown on paper pierced Whisper White using the Natural Beauty stamp set and colored in using Tombow and Stampin' Write Markers then attached to a strip of Certainly Celery cardstock. I wrapped the American Crafts Ribbon around the Certainly Celery cardstock before attaching it to the card base. To finish off the card I added three clear buttons embellished with White DMC.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Natural Beauty (Stampin' Up); Paper: Certainly Celery, Cool Caribbean, Kraft, Whisper White and My Minds Eye 29th Street Market; Ink: Basic Brown, Certainly Celery and Tombow 451; Other: American Crafts Ribbon, Clear Buttons, White DMC, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

No comments: