Sunday, September 13, 2009

Elegant Beauty


I made this card with the last of the My Minds Eye patterned paper. I've been wanting to use this edge punch so I decided to go with an elegant look for this card. The punch was a little hard to push through the cardstock but so worth the effort.

As for the card details... the card base is a half sheet of Certainly Celery cardstock folded in half. Next I attached a strip of Cool Caribbean cardstock that was punched on one side with the EK Success Fleur De Lis Edger Punch. I wrapped grosgrain ribbon around the strip of My Minds Eye 29th Street Market patterned paper before adhering it to the card base. Then I made a bow with the same ribbon and attached it on top using a glue dot.

The image was stamped in Basic Brown on paper pierced Whisper White using the Natural Beauty stamp set and colored in using Tombow and Stampin' Write Markers then layered on to a slightly larger piece of Cool Caribbean cardstock.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Natural Beauty (Stampin' Up); Paper: Certainly Celery, Cool Caribbean, Whisper White and My Minds Eye 29th Street Market; Ink: Basic Brown, Certainly Celery and Tombow 451; Other: American Crafts Ribbon, Paper Piercing, EK Success Fleur De Lis Edger Punch and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

No comments: