Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Haunted Halloween


I've been finding a lot of fun Halloween products I couldn't resist so I'm working on some spooky Halloween cards for Operation Write Home. This card was inspired by a piece of scrap paper from last year's stash. I only had enough though to make one card so I went on a mad hunt for more. To my disappointment I couldn't find the same pattern but to my delight I did find this one which was similiar.

The card base is Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of Deep Orange Dream cardstock. I cut the right edge of the Deep Orange Dream cardstock with the Fiskars Deckle Paper Edgers Scissors. Next I adhered three small strips of Bo-Bunny Boo Crew Stripe patterned paper.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on paper pierced PTI White using the House Of Haunts stamp set then layered on to a slightly larger piece of Dark Lovely Lilac then Basic Black cardstock. I wrapped Black Grosgrain Ribbon around the card base and tied a knot in front. To finish off the card I added a couple small black brads.

Hope you have a nice day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: House Of Haunts (Stampin' Up); Paper: Basic Black, Colormates Deep Orange Dream and Dark Lovely Lilac, PTI White and Bo-Bunny Boo Crew Stripe; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Other: Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Brads, Paper Piercing, Fiskars Deckle Paper Edgers Scissors, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

2 comments:

Mephisto said...

very beautiful card.
Thanks for joining in by EAC.

Greetings
Domi

Nixe07 said...

What a spooky halloween card. Love the great image.
Thanks for joining in our challenge.
Hugs
Moni
EAC-Team