Monday, September 7, 2009

Natural Beauty


Wahoo, my first blog post!!! I'm so excited and can't believe the fun I'm having! Not only is it Labor Day which means I get an extra day to play in my craft room but I'm also SOOO proud of myself for completing my first shipment of cards for Operation Write Home. I created 12 of this card and sent them a total of 31 cards.

My Natural Beauty card base is Certainly Celery cardstock layered with a strip of paper pierced Kraft and My Minds Eye 29th Street Market patterned paper. Next I wrapped White Grosgrain Ribbon around the card base and tied a bow in front.

The image was stamped in Basic Brown on paper pierced Whisper White using the Natural Beauty stamp set and colored in using Tombow and Stampin' Write Markers. This was layered on to a slightly larger piece of Certainly Celery cardstock and attached to the card base using Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

To embellish the card I embossed a piece of Cool Caribbean cardstock in my Cuttlebug with the Textile Embossing Folder then punched out two pieces using the Word Window Punch. I folded these in half and attached them to the card base with small White Brads.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Natural Beauty (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, Kraft, Whisper White and My Minds Eye 29th Street Market
  • Ink: Basic Brown, Certainly Celery and Tombow 451
  • Other: White Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercing, White Brads, Word Window Punch, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape

No comments: