Friday, October 23, 2009

Butterfly Haven



This card completes my third shipment of cards to Operation Write Home. It was designed from The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #11 (SSS11). My card base is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Real Red cardstock folded in half and layered with a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock. It is hard to tell in this photo but I paper pierced Basic Black cardstock before layering over the Whisper White cardstock.

I cut and paper pierced a strip of Taken With Teal cardstock to adhere over the base layers. The "Thinking Of You" sentiment was stamped in Basic Black Ink. The image was stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White cardstock with the Sketch Flower Trio stamp and colored in using Stampin Write Markers.

The butterflies were stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White cardstock using the Hero Arts Sketch Butterflies stamp set and colored in using Stampin Write Markers. I cut out the butterflies and attached them using a glue runner then bent the edges up to make it look as though their wings are fluttering.

Hope you're having a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Sketch Flower Trio and Sketch Butterflies (Hero Arts); Paper: SU Real Red, Taken With Teal, Basic Black and Whisper White; Ink: SU Basic Black, Real Red, Taken With Teal and Garden Green; Other: Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

9 comments:

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

Love these bright colors on a black background. Nice job!

Stampin'GHmom said...

Stunning colors! Very nicely done!

Michelle Forrest said...

Wonderful colors and great card!

Suzanne said...

Congrats on finishing your third batch, and thank you for doing that! This card is beautiful! I love the colors too.

Monica said...

It came out fabulous!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely color combination. I never know what to do with Taken with Teal. Very pretty card.

C.C. said...

Very pretty, I really like the bright colors!

TrishG said...

I like the colors in this. Great piercing too.

I really like your blog header and colors!

Jessy said...

very pretty card. I love how the blue and the red go so well together. One of my favorite combos!!