Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Changito Driver


I knew I had to have this stamp as soon as I saw it. My husband isn't too crazy about it but I think life is too short not to have some fun. The card is for our friends birthday. Happy Birthday, Dennis!!! I also made a few extra cards for Operation Write Home.

The card base is Chocolate Chip cardstock layered with strips of Pop Shuv-it and K-Stall patterned papers from the BasicGrey Skate Shoppe Collection. A very thin strip of Chocolate Chip was then adhered over the seam to cover it up. The shadow layer is Certainly Celery cardstock with Brown Grosgrain Ribbon wrapped around it and through the Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White using the Changito Driver Cling Rubber Stamp and was colored in using Watercolor Wonder Crayons. Next I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip and adhered it over the shadow layer using Scotch Foam Mounting Tape. To finish off the card I added a couple Medium Pewter Brads.

Thanks for stopping by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Changito Driver (Stampendous); Paper: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Whisper White and BasicGrey Skate Shoppe Collection Pop Shuv-it and K-Stall; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Watercolor Wonder Crayons: Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Night Of Navy, Chocolate Chip and Charcoal; Other: Brown Grosgrain Ribbon (American Crafts), Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware (Stampin' Up), Medium Pewter Brads and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

No comments: