Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dressed To Scare


I came down with a cold last week and had the flu over the weekend so I didn't get very much time in my craft room this past weekend. I did spend a couple hours last night though creating this Halloween card. I was able to get just enough done to send to some close friends of ours. I think I will make a few extra to send to Operation Write Home for next year!

The card base is Basic Black cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of Web Flat patterned paper. The shadow layer is Halloween Flat patterned paper layered on a slightly larger piece of Basic Black cardstock.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Dressed to Scare stamp and was colored in using Stampin Write Markers. The spider was also stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White but was cut out and attached over the Black Cobweb Felt Fushion. To finish off the card I added a couple Black Crushed Velvet Brads and a Dark Purple Glimmer Bow.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Dressed To Scare (Penny Black) and Spider (PSX); Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, Web and Halloween Flat Paper (K & Company Halloween Whimsy); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pumpkin Pie, Lavendar Lace, Tombow N75 and 133; Other: Halloween Crushed Velvet Brads (Doodlebug Design), Black Cobweb Felt Fushion Border (Queen & Co.), Dark Purple Glimmer Ribbon (Taylored Expressions), Glue Dot and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

12 comments:

Diane said...

Love it~love it~love it!!!

Jackie said...

This is such a cute card! Very nice work & I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!

Karin said...

Great image and wonderful coloring job!

Lynn said...

Love this beautifully colored Halloween image! What a delightful card, Karen!

Crafty Creations said...

Very cute!!! Love that Penny Black stamp and the background paper is perfect as well !!! I'm sure the recipients will be so happy!! Maria

Stampin'GHmom said...

This is adorable. I love the image. Great coloring too!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun kitty cat themed halloween card.

my5bratz said...

LOVE the LO of this card :0)

Michelle said...

Too cute! I just love how that hat is pulled way down over the cat's head, haha. Love the added spider and bow too. :)

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww this is sooooo very cute!!! I love it!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

C.C. said...

Ohh how cuute!

jimlynn said...

This is SO very cute! Love the hat. Great job.