Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Snowballs



This card was created using the Sketch Saturday Challenge #70. My Chocolate Chip card base is layered with a piece of Soft Sky cardstock with a scalloped edge at the top. Over the Soft Sky cardstock I layered smaller strips of BasicGrey Grind Patterned Paper.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White cardstock using the Great Groupings stamp set and colored in using Stampin Write Markers. Great Groupings is an old 1999 Stampin' Up stamp set I picked up at a craft sale this summer. I distressed the edges of the Whisper White cardstock with Soft Sky Ink.

The "I Miss You" sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White cardstock using the CTMH Say It In Style stamp set and punched out with the Large Oval Punch. To finish off the card I layered a small white Prima Flower over a Large Pink Bazzill Flower and placed a brown satin bow in the center.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Great Groupings (Stampin' Up) and Say It In Style (CTMH); Paper: Grind Patterned Paper (BasicGrey Skate Shoppe), SU Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky and Whisper White; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Write Markers: Soft Sky, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Mellow Moss, More Mustard, Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip; Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Large Oval Punch, Bazzill Flower, Prima Flower, Brown Satin Ribbon and Glue Dots.

13 comments:

Sylvie said...

We don't have snow here yet... but your card is beautiful! chocolate chip and soft sky are a winning colour combination.

Mary G. said...

Cute! Love the dotted paper!!

Sharon said...

You did such a great job with the coloring! Making "white" stand out is hard for me to do, and you did super!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome! Great design and colors. Cute card.

Monica said...

Cute card. What an awesome idea to put a bow on the primas

Stampin'GHmom said...

What a great card! I love the colors and the red flower is a fantastic touch.

my5bratz said...

LOVE this stamp, tried to get it in a swap once but missed out..gorgeous cards, made me wish we got a white xmas here, but being middle of summer...that'll NEVER happen :0( lol

Sew-Ink said...

Great job with the sketch! I love that image!

Michelle said...

So sweet! Love how you colored your snowmen. :)

C.C. said...

I love this one, snowmen are my favorite!

jimlynn said...

Precious! Great Christmas card!

Jessy said...

this is just GORGEOUS!! Love the wintry theme and how you colored it. Just PERFECT!!

Catie Cuddles said...

Fantastic image... Just fab!