Sunday, October 25, 2009

Soft Summer


Hope you're having a great weekend! I'm an early bird so I thought I would pop in for a little while. I made this card for my sister-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday, Karla!!! The card was inspired by the Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge #27.

My Soft Summer card base is a half sheet of Elegant Eggplant cardstock folded in half and layered with Kraft Dotted Patterned Paper from the Stampin' Up Patterns Pack. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on paper pierced Whisper White cardstock using the Soft Summer stamp set and colored in using Watercolor Wonder Crayons then layered onto a slightly larger piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock.

It is hard to tell in this photo but I added some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the center of the flowers. I wrapped some white ribbon around the image and tied a knot in front. The shadow is paper pierced Old Olive cardstock layered onto a slightly larger piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Soft Summer (Stampin' Up); Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White and Patterns Pack (Kraft); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Close to Cocoa, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and So Saffron; Other: White Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

7 comments:

Mary G. said...

Very pretty! Great layout and I love the colors you used!

Monica said...

karen,

you did a wonderful job on the sketch. I love your colors you used.

Monica

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Simple and pretty. I like the dotted background.

Crafty Creations said...

What a beautiful flower stamp!! I love your paper piercing too!! Nice job!
Maria

Cindy said...

What a beautiful card!! I absolutely love the flower and your paper piercing.

Michelle said...

So pretty! I just love how those white dots pull in the white layer with the flowers. Beautiful colors! :)

C.C. said...

I love the colors of soft summer, they go so well together!