Friday, October 9, 2009

Sweet Cupcakes


My husband had the week off from work and I closed the books at work in record time so I was able to take a couple days off with him. He's working on screening in our deck so I spent most of yesterday in my craft room making cards for Operation Write Home. Then my sweet tooth kicked in so I made some yummy banana bread to snack on. I think it carried over to my cardmaking though.

My card base is Sage Shadow cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of patterned paper. Next I cut a strip of Barely Banana cardstock and punched one side using the Scallop Edge Punch before adhering to the card base. I also wrapped Pink Saddle Stitch Ribbon around the cardbase then attached a bow in front.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White using the Crazy For Cupcakes stamp set and colored in using Stampin' Write Markers. Then I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Sage Shadow cardstock and attached it to the card base with Scotch Foam Mounting Tape to add some depth to the card. To finish off the card I added Pearls along the Scallop Edge and some small pink buttons embellished with White DMC.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Crazy For Cupcakes (Stampin' Up); Paper: Sage Shadow, Barely Banana and Whisper White; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pretty In Pink, Barely Banana and Creamy Caramel; Other: Pink Saddle Stitch Ribbon, White DMC, Pretty In Pink Buttons, Pearls Crystal Stickers, Scallop Edge Punch and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.