Saturday, November 7, 2009

Beautiful Blooms


I've been making more of the Bushel of Blessings card all week to send to Operation Write Home and haven't had a chance to design any new cards so I thought I would blog this card I made from my first shipment of cards to Operation Write Home. I can't believe I'm just now getting around to posting it.

The card base is Bravo Burgundy cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of paper pierced Angel Bazzill cardstock. The strip of patterned paper is KaiserCraft Plush Empress Sophisticated. Was that ever a mouthful!!!  The image was stamped in Basic Black on paper pierced Whisper White cardstock using the Sketch Flower Trio stamp and colored in using Tombow and Stampin Write Markers. To finish off the card I added a couple Pewter Kaiser Pearls.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Sketch Flower Trio (Hero Arts); Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Angel (Bazzill) and Plush Empress Sophisticated (KaiserCraft); Ink: Basic Black, Bravo Burgundy, Pale Plum and Tombow 312; Other: Pewter Kaiser Pearls, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

10 comments:

Mary G. said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and the textured paper!

What a great organization you support!!

Karin said...

Pretty card, love the purple!

Jessy said...

very pretty card. I like the rich colors!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Love the colors and all the piercing.

Crafty Creations said...

What a great card to send to the troops. I'm sure they were a hit!

Ida P. Krause said...

Lovely card. I just found your blog throug (Stampin When I can) and I like what I see. I'll be back again. Keep up the good work.

Jackie said...

Lovely card Karen! Nice layout & colors....great work & tfs!!!

Michelle said...

Sweet and simple! Love it! ;)

Michelle said...

Lovely card!

~Michelle~ said...

simply love this...the color combo is so fresh and the design is so clean! :)