Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's Turkey Time!


Happy Thanksgiving!!!  We are headed to my mother-in-laws today for a wonderful turkey dinner and some card games.  Later on we will have pumpkin pie, she makes the best!!  I'm so looking forward to another long weekend.  I don't do the Black Friday thing but have heard there may be some really good deals online so I'll have to check that out.

I think I'm ready to admit that I'm totally addicted to sketches. This sketch is from the High Hopes Sketch Challenge 52. The card base is Really Rust layered with a slightly smaller piece of Harvest ABC's patterned paper on top of which I attached a strip of paper pierced Handsome Hunter cardstock. The shadow layer is a strip of Really Rust layered with a slightly smaller piece of Spicy Circles patterned paper.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the High Hopes Turkey stamp and colored in using Stampin Write Markers. The corners were punched with the Ticket Corner Punch and small copper brads attached in each corner before adhering to a slightly larger pice of Really Rust cardstock. To finish off the card I added some colorful paper flowers with a medium copper brad in the center.


Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Turkey (High Hopes); Paper: Really Rust, Handsome Hunter, PTI White, Harvest ABC's and Spicy Circles patterned paper (Bo-Bunny Press); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Close To Cocoa, Old Olive and Tombow 990; Other: Small and Medium Copper Brads, Paper Flowers, Ticket Corner Punch, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

8 comments:

Jessy said...

This is sooooo cute! Love the sketch and the way you colored the turkey! FABULOUS!! :-)

Vera said...

Very cute Turkey Day card! Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Michelle Forrest said...

cute, cute card!

Maggie said...

What a cute turkey card! Hope your Thanksgiving was spectacular!

lcamacho said...

Very cute card.I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I don't do the black friday thing either. Great idea to go online. Need to try that next year. Let me know if that worked for you. will be back soon. Bye for now

Jackie said...

What an adorable image Karen & you colored it so well! Love the sketch too...tfs!!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Jessie Lubyk, said...

How awesome. Love the colrs and the layout and I think the image is way too adorable.

Carrie said...

How cute is that turkey. Great layout too and wonderful papers.