Friday, December 25, 2009

Deck The Halls


Ho, Ho, Ho...Merry Christmas!!!  We originally had planned to spend the day with my in-laws in the traditional holiday fashion... snacking on yummy food and playing lots of card games but the winter storm we are getting sure changed that in a hurry.  So, we are languishing away at home today watching the beautiful snow fall!!!  We are thinking to go outside this afternoon and see how big of a snowman we can make.  At the moment my husband and the cats are napping so I thought I would pop in and share the Christmas card I sent to the family this year!

The card base is a half sheet of Riding Hood Red cardstock folded in half. I punched the corners of a slightly smaller piece of Starlight patterned paper from the BasicGrey Dasher collection before adhering it to the card base. The shadow layer is a strip of Snowfall Ice Blue patterned paper layered on to a slightly larger piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Fluffles Garland Cling Rubber stamp and was colored in using Tombow N75, 076, Copic R29 and Baja Breeze Ink with a Blender Pen then layered on to a slightly larger piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock. The image was attached to the card base with Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

To embellish the card I stamped pieces of garland in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the x stamp set then cut them out using paper snips and adhered them to the shadow layer. I added a bow made with dotted red organdy ribbon and to finish off the card I added a small silver brad in each corner of the card base.

Wishing you a joyous holiday season!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Fluffles Garland (Stampendous); Paper: PTI White, Riding Hood Red, Starlight and Snowfall Ice Blue (BasicGrey, Dasher Collection); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tombow N75 and 076, Copic R29 and Baja Breeze; Other: Small Silver Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Dotted Red Organdy Ribbon, Glue Dots and Scotch Foam Tape.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

This is so cute Karen. I love fluffles and that paper is gorgeous! Merry Christmas! We had a rainy Christmas so all our snow is gone now.

Alissa said...

I hope you had a great Christmas regardless of the weather, Karen! This is a great card. I love the punched corners. Isn't it funny how little things like that completely change the look of the card? It's perfect.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a great card- adorable image and fabulous coloring!

jimlynn said...

So very cute! Love that cat!

Sara said...

With a fat cat in my lap, I have to comment for both of us: we *LOVE* the cat! What a fun card and what great layering! I also love all of your details (punched corners with the brads, for example). Lovely!

Mary G. said...

Fabulous card! I just love Fluffles!! The papers you used are wonderful and your coloring is beautifully done! And your bow is pefect!!

C.C. said...

Very pretty, I love the colors and the ribbon really ties it together!