Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy 2010


Happy New Year everyone!!!  To help celebrate the New Year I created this card using the free digital stamp from Marina over at The Greeting Farm.

The card base is Brocade Blue cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of CTMH Sweet Home patterned paper.  Next I cut a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock and wrapped Divine Woven Ribbon around the lower end and tied a knot in front before attaching to the card base.

The image was printed on PTI White using my HP Officejet J5780 then colored in using my new copic markers!  Cheers.. to copic markers!!!  What a super fun way to bring in the New Year!!!  The image was layered on to a slightly larger piece of Brocade Blue cardstock and adhered to the card base using Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

That's it... simple but so-o-o-o-o cute!

Hope you have fun celebrating the New Year!!!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Toby (The Greeting Farm);  Paper: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, PTI White and Sweet Home (CTMH);  Ink: Copics B34, E47, E79, Y21;  Other: Divine Woven Ribbon (Offray) and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape. 

11 comments:

Carrie said...

This is adorable Karen. Great colors too. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great festive card! Love your colors and that image is great!!! Happy New Year!

jimlynn said...

Cute card! I have mine printed out - just haven't done anything with it yet (getting kinda late in the day now!)

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww he is way tooo cute!!! I love your coloring on him!!! Happy New Year to you hun!! Now im off to print him out. I havent had time to print so im off to do so...lol

Hugs,
Cheryl

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year! Cute card.

Becky said...

Happy New Year!! This is adorable.

lcamacho said...

Karen, Happy New Year!!Hope you have a great Year!This card is sooo cute.Love the image.And those copics are so bright,they really make a difference when you use copic.One day I will get some.

Mary G. said...

Great card! Love the colors and the layout! This little guy is adorable! I have him, but I haven't done anything with him, yet... TFS!

Sew-Ink said...

Very cute! I love the layout and the color combo you used! Great job!

Alissa said...

Love this card, Karen. Everytime I look at my sidebar and see it, I literally LOL... too cute!

Mephisto said...

Very sweet card.
Thanks for joining in by EAC this week.

Domi