Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Let It Snow


I still haven't put my Christmas tree up yet but I have been listening to all Christmas music lately which has put me in the holiday spirit! This week Crazy 4 Challenges inspired us to make a card with snowmen or snowflakes so I created this card with the leftover patterned paper from my Snowballs card. Both the sentiment and image are from the Hero Arts Let It Snow clear design stamp set.

The card base is Soft Sky cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of Grind patterned paper. The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip on a strip of Whisper White cardstock. I punched one edge with the Scallop Dot Border Punch before adhering at the bottom of the card base.

The image was stamped in Chocolate Chip on paper pierced Whisper White using the Let It Snow stamp set then colored in using Soft Sky ink and a blender pen. It was then layered on to a slightly larger piece of Soft Sky cardstock. The hat was also stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White cardstock and colored in using Soft Sky ink and a blender pen then cut out and adhered to the image. To finish off the card I added Rhinestones along the scallop border.

Wishing you a beautiful holiday season!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Let It Snow (Hero Arts); Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, and Grind (BasicGrey Skate Shoppe Collection); Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky and Only Orange; Other: Silver Rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Scallop Dot Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

15 comments:

Kellie said...

I love snowmen. He's really cute and love the colors.

jimlynn said...

I love the colors you used....so pretty. And the little snowman is a cutie.

lcamacho said...

This is sooo cute.love how you paper pierced and added rhinestones.

Mary G. said...

What an adorable snowman! Great coloring and I love the layout! Love the bit of sparkle from the rhinestones! TFS!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- what a fun fun image, and fabulous coloring- with a touch of sparkle.

Becky said...

This snowman is just adorable.

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty card and love the Christmas bling!

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love this little guy.

Ann said...

Absolutely love your colour choice on this. Thanks for sharing with us at the Pink Elephant this week.
Ann xxx

Martha said...

adorable, what a wonderful card, love the image.

LORi said...

This is just darling!! So happy you joined in the TPE fun this week!!

Hugs - LORi BOYD

Sew-Ink said...

Very cute!

Carrie said...

adorable! love the combo of blue and brown, one of my favs.

tina said...

So sweet. I love the bright colors. Thanks for creating with us at TPE!

Nancy B. aka Jean said...

Oh so Adorable!!!