Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lovely In Bloom


I've been feeling low on mojo all week but think it's starting to come back now.  This card was created using the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #73. I love this sketch because the layout is quick and easy yet looks very lovely and elegant!
The card base is Ruby Red layered with a slightly smaller piece of Kraft patterned paper from the Stampin' Up Patterns Pack. Next I cut a strip of Basic Black cardstock and wrapped White Grosgrain Ribbon around it and tied a knot in front. I must say I'm impressed with this knot... they normally don't turn out so well!

The shadow layer is paper pierced Ruby Red cardstock with three small black brads. The image was stamped in Ruby Red on Whisper White using the Garden Silhouettes stamp set and layered onto a slightly larger piece of Basic Black cardstock. The sentiment was also stamped in Basic Black.

Hope you're having a great week!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes (Stampin' Up); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Ruby Red and Kraft (Patterns Pack); Ink: Ruby Red and Basic Black; Other: Small Black Brads, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

6 comments:

lcamacho said...

Lovely Card,I like the colors and sketch.Have a Nice day Karen and thanks for all the work your doing for Stamps R Us.Its coming along Great.

Carrie said...

I love this layout. Very pretty.

Kellie said...

Love the card and the layout. The paper piercing is fun and I need to do more of it.

jimlynn said...

Your card is just what it says - LOVELY! Such a pretty card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very nice layout- pretty colors and love the paper piecing! TFS

theafricanqueen said...

After reviewing your different cards, I decided this one was my favorite due to its coloring and its simplicity.