Monday, December 28, 2009

Snow Wonderful


With the huge snow storm we had over the weekend we actually ended up celebrating Christmas yesterday so my days seem a little off.  On the bright side though, I was able to spend lots of time in my craft room over the long holiday weekend.  I'm in love with snowmen which means I have a ton of snowman stamps and totally let go of my addiction this past weekend.  That means I'll be posting a lot of snowman cards over the next couple of weeks... here is the first of many more to come.

This card was inspired by the Sketch and Stash Challenge 25.  Some time ago I die cut these huge snowflakes at Archivers and cut one in half to use on this card.  The card base is Chocolate Chip layered with a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock then Snowfall Ice Blue patterned paper.  Half of the die cut snowflake was adhered on the left side of the card base aligned with the Whisper White cardstock. Next I wrapped Brown Grosgrain Ribbon around the card base and tied a knot in front.

The image was stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White using the Snow Wonderful stamp set and colored in using Baja Breeze ink and a blender pen.  The nose was colored in using the Apricot Appeal Stampin' Write Marker.  I paper pierced the edges of the Whisper White cardstock and layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock before attaching to the card base with Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White cardstock also using the Snow Wonderful stamp set.  I rounded the corners on one end and punched a small hole to thread the DMC White through.  Using a large sewing needle I then threaded the DMC White through the knot on the Brown Grosgrain Ribbon and tied a bow in front.  To finish off the card I added several Kaiser Rhinestones along the huge snowflake and placed one in each corner of the image.

Hope you have a great week!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Snow Wonderful (Verve Stamps); Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White and Snowfall Ice Blue (BasicGrey Dasher Collection); Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze and Apricot Appeal; Other: Corner Rounder Punch, Blender Pen, Hole Punch, Brown Grosgrain Ribbon, Kaiser Rhinestones, DMC White, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Fantastic card, I love snowmen too! I love the bling on your big snowflake.

Alissa said...

I love how the card in itself is a simple design, but all the little extras (rhinestones, diecuts, ribbons) transform it into a card that really pops.

lcamacho said...

Soo cute,like your DP,sentiment and of course the little snowman.I collect snowmen.My little nativity has lots of them.since I'm here posting I just thought I throw in that you can add Mr linky to the challenge.I'm not sure if you want to do it now or later.

Kellie said...

Super cute. Love the snowmen and how you cut the snowflake in half.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- and the pretty snowflake! I love the way the snowflake is fastened with brads.

Cheryl said...

I love your card! I love snowmen too. The large snowflake is a great touch.

C.C. said...

Adorable! I have a love for snowmen!