Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Curious Cat


This month Stamps R Us hosted their first blog group challenge. To gets things started I challenged the group to create a card using Mercy Kerin's Sketch Challenge #50. Here is the card I made using the sketch. The card reminds me of spring and considering we are expecting our first big snow storm of the season here today it makes me feel as though I should be creating winter cards instead!

The card base is a half sheet of Certainly Celery cardstock folded in half. Next I cut a strip of Blush Blossom cardstock and punched it using the Martha Stewart Floral Lace border punch. Over the strip I placed a piece of Petal Patch Designer Series Paper layered on a slightly larger piece of Whisper White cardstock. The next layer is also Petal Patch DSP layered on Whisper White cardstock. Before attaching it though I wrapped Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon around it and tied a knot in front.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White cardstock using the Flower Fluffles stamp and colored in using Stampin Write Markers. Using my Creative Memories Circle Cutting System I cut out the image and a slightly larger piece of Blush Blossom cardstock. To finish off the card I attached two large Chocolate Kaiser Pearls in the upper right corner and several small ones along the lace border.

Hope you enjoyed today's card creation!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Flower Fluffles (Stampendous); Paper: Certainly Celery, Blush Blossom, Whisper White and Petal Patch Designer Series Paper; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and Blush Blossom; Other: Floral Lace Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Circle Cutting System (Creative Memories), Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon (Stampin Up), Chocolate Kaiser Pearls and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

13 comments:

Karin said...

Darling card. Great job on the sketch!

Carrie said...

This is adorable. I love the 2 brads and your selection of papers. I have an image similar to this so thanks for the inspiration.

Jessie Lubyk, said...

Thanks you so much fro the wonderful vision of spring. We got another few inches of snow last night up here in Alberta and I'm pretty sure it's super cold, my poor truck didn't want to start very easy. Take Care

Payne Holler Cards said...

lovin the colors! and great job on the sketch...hugs to you :))

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card and spring image- it is snowing here West of Chicago.....winter weather is just starting........

jimlynn said...

So PRETTY! Is it Spring yet? I guess we can always hope! Love your card.

Alissa said...

This is the perfect card to see the night before our lovely snow and ice morning mix. :)

Great card, Karen. Love the challenges!

lcamacho said...

What a cute card I love the colors.It does remind me of the nice spring days.Here in small town Ceres Ca.where it does not snow.It's sooooo cold for me.If I Can't handle this I won't make it through the snowy weather.LOL

Vicki said...

This is so cute, Karen! And great job with the sketch! Lovin' your blog! Blessings to you!

Jackie said...

This is beautiful Karen! I love the sketch you used...tfs!!!

Vera said...

How adorable! I love this color combination!

Loretta Rodger said...

Karen;

This card is super cute! I love the mischievious kitty! Coloring and layout are also very cute! Well done!

Cheryl said...

Very cute. I love the stamp and how you used the sketch from the challenge.