Friday, January 15, 2010

All Bundled Up


Howdy, it's me again!  I'm back with yet another snowman card.  To be honest, I have a couple more to post yet!  I'm loving this Bunny Hill patterned paper from the BasicGrey Dasher Collection.  This card reminds me of all the snow on the ground outside but I'm happy to say that we are actually having a bit of a warm spell lately.  The temp is expected to be around 30 degrees here for the next week!  Yippee!!!

I've been wearing this old but favorite winter coat of mine and the zipper finally went out on it!  I know, so tragic!  So, I've been wearing this full length coat ever since which has worked out well and kept me warm during the below zero temperatures but now that it has warmed up I'm really cooking!  My hubby and I ran to the mall for something else this last weekend and happened to go by JC Penney.  They were having a 70% off store wide sale... can you believe my luck!  And I found not one but two coats I really like, one for winter and the other for spring!!!  When I asked my hubby if I could get both of them he said, "Heck yeah, if you can get a $200 coat for $50 bucks you might as well get a couple of them!"  Now I just need to find a 70% off stamp sale!!!  Wonder if he would say the same thing about getting one of every stamp set known to mankind, LOL!

As for today's card details... the card base is a half sheet of Baja Breeze cardstock folded in half.  Next I combined a piece of Kiwi Kiss cardstock and Bunny Hill patterned paper.  I paper pierced all the way around the edge then wrapped the Fresh Snow Twill Ribbon around it and tied a knot in front before adhering it to the card base.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White using the Let It Snow stamp set and colored in using ink and a blender pen.  The nose and stick arms were colored in using Stampin' Write Markers.  I punched the corners using the Ticket Corner Punch before layering on to a slightly larger piece of Baja Breeze cardstock.  The hat was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White then cut out and attached to the image.  I finished off the card by adding small silver brads in each corner.

Hope you have a fantastic day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Let It Snow (Hero Arts);  Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White and Bunny Hill (BasicGrey Dasher Collection);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel and Apricot Appeal;  Other: Fresh Snow Twill Ribbon (PTI), Small Silver Brads, Blender Pen, Ticket Corner Punch, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

another too cute for words snowman card...love it Karen!

Patty said...

Love this card Karen! I love snowmen stamps and cards, even though I don't care for snow! Good deal on your coats. This is the best time to shop for them, that's when I've always bought mine.

lcamacho said...

WOW!!cute card.you keep those cards coming, Gurl!Lots of inspiration for us.

I don't like cold.where I live I think its been in the 50s and I hate it then.great deal on the coats.

Mae said...

Great card. What a cute snowman.

Kellie said...

Loving the snowman cards. This is another very cute card. Keep warm with the new coat.

Loretta Rodger said...

What a cute card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very cute snowman......it has finally warmed up here. Lovely card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Great colors and how fun that the hat extends beyond the border of the image panel.