Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Angels In A Vase


I have a super cute pet story to share.  It is non-stamping related but one I was chucking about all day yesterday and just can't resist sharing!  So, for all you fellow animals lovers out there... this one's for you!!!

My oldest cat, Tinker, loves to talk!  She lets us know when she wants to eat, is going bathroom, wants fresh water in the filtered water fountain, wants to be pet... well, you get the idea!  During the summer months she sprawls out on the floor soaking up as much sunshine as possible and in the winter months she lays in front of the fireplace downstairs to get as much heat as possible. 

Sunday night we were hanging out downstairs by the fireplace watching TV and as usual she was laying in front of the fireplace.  We have a temperature sensor in the remote to control the heat in the room and like a furnace it kicks on and off to maintain the temp we set it at.  During a quite moment in the movie I heard her meowing like crazy and looked over to see what was going on!  Get this... she was sitting up, looking into the fireplace with her face almost touching the glass... meowing like crazy!

The fireplace had kicked off and I'm quessing she was meowing... trying to tell it to turn on again!!!  It was soooo cute, I couldn't resist adjusting the temperature on the remote to make the flames flare up again!  When it did she layed back down on her side and stretched out all four legs... I"m telling you... it looked really sick!!!

If you are still reading this far, thanks for indulging me and listening to my funny story!  This beautiful card was made special for my niece's birthday!  I wanted it to be as special as she is!  Happy Birthday, Angela!!!

The card base is Always Artichoke layered with a slightly larger piece of paper pierced So Saffron cardstock.  Next I cut the edges of a piece of Always Artichoke cardstock using the Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors and layered it with a slightly smaller piece of Regal Rose cardstock.  I wrapped the Organdy Ribbon around it and tied a knot in front.

The image was stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White cardstock using the Angels In A Vase stamp and colored in using Stampin' Write Markers.  The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White cardstock then punched out using the Large Oval Punch and attached using Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.  To embellish the card I added three large black brads along the right side of the image.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Angels In A Vase (Hero Arts), Celebrate (Darcie's);  Paper: Regal Rose, So Saffron, Always Artichoke and Whisper White;  Ink: Basic Black, Regal Rose, So Saffron and Always Artichoke;  Other: Medium Black Brads, Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors, Organdy Ribbon, Large Oval Punch, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

8 comments:

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! I really love it. TFS the cat story! I can definitely identify! Blogs are for sharing a little of yourself also!

jimlynn said...

Very pretty card! She's going to love it.........AND I LOVE your "cat story". So cute. You know, I really think most animals are probably part human anyway! HA!

lcamacho said...

About your cat,isn't that amazing.I love it.Now your card,I love the color combo.And I really like the fiskar scissors.

Kellie said...

Karen, I love the cat story. I do think animals try to tell us what they want the best way they can.

Your card is very cute and I love the colors.

Alissa said...

Your Tinker sounds like my Spike. Little characters, aren't they? :)

Great card. She'll love it.

Carrie said...

Beautiful card Karen and I loved the story about your cat, too funny.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty card-sounds like your cat is quite the character!!!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a lovely card! I really like your layout and your paper piercing. Thanks for sharing your cat story with us, you made me smile :)