Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Colorful Blooms


I finally got all my calendars packed up and shipped out yesterday (yippee)!!!  I'm really excited for the family to get them and to hear what they think!  Truly the best part of making cards and other projects like calendars and scrapbook albums is giving them to others to enjoy!  And speaking of family, today is my sister-in-law's Birthday!  Happy Birthday, Maria!!!
The layout I used to create this card is an oldie but favorite of mine.  And yes, I have used it at least once before.  The sketch is from the Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge #27.  My card base is Gypsy Rose layered with a slightly smaller piece of paper pierced Angel cardstock.  The shadow layer is Gypsy Rose cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of Plush Empress Sophisticated patterned paper.  Using the Ticket Corner Punch I punched out each corner of the patterned paper before adhering to the cardstock.  Next I wrapped Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon around the card base and tied a bow in front.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on paper pierced Whisper White using the Soft Summer stamp set and colored in using Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter.  After layering on to a slightly larger piece of Gypsy Rose cardstock I highlighted the image with Art Glitter.  The image was adhered to the case base using Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.  To finish off the card I added Pewter Kaiser Pearls in each corner of the shadow layer.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Soft Summer (Stampin' Up);  Paper: Gypsy Rose and Angel (Bazzill), Whisper White and Plush Empress Sophisticated (KaiserCraft);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bravo Burgundy, Going Gray and Handsome Hunter;  Other: Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon, Pewter Kaiser Pearls, Art Glitter, Ticket Corner Punch, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

6 comments:

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

I love the paper piercing you added to this! It definitely adds the perfect touch! And I can see why this layout is a favorite, your card is beautiful!

Kellie said...

What a wonderful card. You do great coloring with the crayons. I have not mastered them. The family will love the calendars.

Carrie said...

Wonderful job with the watercolors Karen, a true delight to look at.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty- I love this pretty layout- your water coloring is gorgeous!

lcamacho said...

VERY CUTE CARD!I LIKE THE PAPER PIERCING.DO YOU USE A TEMPLATE FOR THAT.

Patty said...

Such a pretty card Karen! I love the color combination.