Sunday, January 17, 2010

Live, Love and Laugh


I have stars in my eyes and love in my heart for today my husband and I are celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary!!!  Actually, we've been celebrating all weekend like two love birds!  Friday morning after getting ready for work I went to the kitchen and as I was pulling down my cereal bowl heard this rattling noise... yes, coming from my cereal bowl!  Once I got it down I found a little white box inside... isn't that so sweet!  And inside the little white box was a beautiful pair of silver earrings!!!  Oh my, I'm tearing up just thinking about it!

Then Friday night after work we went out for Taco's and to see the movie Leap Year. The movie is wonderful and funny all at the same time and of course, like I do at all movies lately, I cried at the ending!  And the fun doesn't end there... last night we went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner then downtown Minneapolis to the State Theatre to see Larry, The Cable Guy!!!  I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life!!!  At one point I think I wore myself out laughing so much that I just sat there with this silly grin on my face!

We had seats in the lower level but went upstairs to check out the view.  This was our first time going to the State Theatre and the usher upstairs told us that the Theatre was originally built in 1921 and used for various performing arts over the years then in 1991 was repaired and restored to it's original beauty.  Being at the Theatre made me feel like I was in the movie Titanic with the gorgeous chandeliers and the tall staircase!

I made today's card in honor of my anniversary with a beautiful digital stamp I found online and am really embarrassed to say I didn't note where I actually got it.  If you know or happen to come across it please let me know and I will update my post to properly give credit.  The layout I used is from The Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #48.  The card base is a half sheet of Petunia cardstock folded in half. Next I cut a 4 x 5 1/2" piece of Sweetheart cardstock and punched both sides using the Scallop Edge Punch. I wrapped the Diven Woven Ribbon around it and tied a bow in front before attaching it to the card base.

I printed the digital image on PTI White using my HP Officejet printer and colored it in using copic markers then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Petunia cardstock.  I attached it to the card base using Scotch Foam Mounting Tape. To finish off the card I added three small gold brads along the scallop border.

Well, that's it for me! I'm off to celebrate some more with my wonderful husband!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Digital Image;  Paper: PTI White, Petunia and Sweetheart (Bazzill);  Ink: Copics Y15, YG67, R89 and RV13;  Other: Small Gold Brads, Divine Woven Ribbon (Offray), Scallop Edge Punch, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary Karen! May you have many more happy years together. Your card is lovely and how special that you celebrated all weekend.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card - and I hope you have many more years of a beautiful marriage. Congrats!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Happy Anniversary- this is such a fantastic card- I love the image and the ribbon you used. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!!!

lcamacho said...

What a beautiful And romantic story!Love the the earring story.Brings a smile to my face.Your card is so cute.

Elisabeth said...

What an adorable card! Happy anniversary, wishing you many more!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card - love those little birds - and Happy Anniversary wishes to you.

Kellie said...

Congrat on the 18 years and wishing you many, many more. The card is adorable.

Alissa said...

Happy Anniversary, Karen!!! Great card for the ocassion. :)

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! Happy Anniversary to you & Jim!

SUSAN said...

It's so simple and really beautiful, Karen.
Happy anniversary....

AllisonG said...

FYI, the image is from MelJens Designs. I recently downloaded it but haven't made a card with it yet.