Sunday, January 24, 2010

Long Stemmed Posies


Good morning, everyone!  I had loads of fun at the crop yesterday and the best part is that I got all my cards made for Operation Write Home.  In total I made 40 cards: 10 of this card, 10 of the Flowers In Bloom card from my previous post and 20 of my Lovely In Bloom card.  The funny thing is...  I've gone to crops before with my scrapbooking supplies and really struggled with the mojo and was never able to get much done but with my cardmaking it was perfect.

Today's card is for another friends birthday from the Stamps R Us blog group.  Happy Birthday, Patty!!!  Hope you have fun celebrating this special occasion!  The layout for this card was inspired by the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #121.  I flipped the sketch upside down and shifted the elements a little so that the flower stems would end up at the bottom where the strip covers them up.  My card base is Certainly Celery layered with a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock then So Saffron Designer Series Paper. 

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White using the Long Stemmed Posies Sketch stamp and colored in using Stampin' Write Markers.  I rounded the corners on the Whisper White and the slightly larger piece of Certainly Celery cardstock it is layered on.  I wrapped woven ribbon around a strip of paper pierced More Mustard cardstock and tied a knot in front before attaching at the base of the stems. 

The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White cardstock then punched out using the 1 1/4" Circle Punch.  I layered this on to a 1 3/8" circle of So Saffron cardstock then a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock punched with the Scallop Edge Punch.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Long Stemmed Posies Sketch and Happy Birthday (Hero Arts);  Paper: Certainly Celery, More Mustard, So Saffron, Whisper White and So Saffron Designer Series Paper;  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Certainly Celery, So Saffron and More Mustard;  Other: Woven Ribbon (Offray), Corner Rounder Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

7 comments:

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! Wow! 40 cards! I've never made that many at one time. How fun!!

Carrie said...

Karen this is great, I'm sure Patty will love it. I love how you flipped the mojo sketch and the colors are fantastic. I think I'll use this color combo for a baby card I'm going to make...thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for Karens completing 40 of those cords!! She did it and we had awesome conversations. I am very inspired by your cards karn, and am gonna spend the day trying to elevate my card making!!! I am gonna try a Challange! stacy

lcamacho said...

WOW! 40 cards.And I havent gone in my crafty place all week.I made two cards using this sketch and I love the way you flipped it. Patty is going to love it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- it would take me a week to make 40 cards! Awesome- I love the pretty colors you made this card with!

Operation Write Home said...

40 cards, way to go girl!! I think cards are much more do-able at group events - you can talk more while you make a small thing like a card, especially when making a bunch!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

I just saw this blog post ;) And I have to say I love this card. It's even prettier in person! I love your posie image and your coloring is just perfect! Thanks again Karen for the wonderful birthday card.