Monday, January 11, 2010

A Love To Last A Lifetime


I discovered this delightful digital image on several Stamps R Us member blogs and knew I wanted to use it for this month's Stamps R Us Blog Group Challenge #2.  The challenge is to create a card inspired by the gorgeous cakes Laura found over on Cake Channel.  The layout I used is from The Pink Elephant Challenge #46.

The card base is a half sheet of Petunia Bazzill cardstock folded in half.  Next I cut a strip of Sweetheart Bazill and finished one edge using the Scallop Edge Punch then punched small holes along the scallop using a 1/16" hole punch.  After I did this I realized I have the Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch and could have just used that, LOL!!!  Before attaching the strip to the card base I wrapped PTI Fresh Snow Grosgrain Ribbon around it and tied a knot in front.

The beautiful image is a digital stamp I got from Designed2Delight Digital Stamps.  The image is from this month's Free Stamp of the Month Artist's Challenge.  I printed the digital image on PTI White using my Epson R380 Photo Printer and colored it in using copic markers.  Using a stamping sponge I distressed the edges with Purely Pomegranate ink.  The image was layered on to a slightly larger piece of Petunia then Sweetheart cardstock and attached to the card base using Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.  To finish off the card I punched three flowers using the Trio Flower Punch and attached them to the card base using small silver heart brads.

Thanks for coming by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Designed2Delight Digital Stamp;  Paper: PTI White, Petunia and Sweetheart (Bazzill);  Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Copics R89, RV13, Y15 and YG67;  Other: PTI Fresh Snow 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/16" Hold Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Trio Flower Punch, Silver Heart Brads, Stamping Sponges and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

16 comments:

jimlynn said...

Precious card. So very cute.

Crafty Creations said...

Great card! Love that image!!I haven't heard of the pink elephant challenge. Will have to go chck it out!!

Sara and Co said...

What a lovely take on the sketch! I love all of your details! :)

Stampin'GHmom said...

Wonderful card! I love the layout and the colors. The focal image is very beautiful.

Sparkly Pink Star said...

What a beautiful card :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very sweet. I like your heart brads.

Faith S. said...

I really LOVE your layout and color choice!! That yellow just makes the image pop! Beautiful card!! I have so many of those tiny silver heart brads, and never thought to do what you did with them. Great idea!! :)

lcamacho said...

what a cute card!cute little brads,and love the colors.You reallly did a nice job on the Bird.

Sandi said...

Wow! So cute! I love the heart brads inside the flowers!

Sew-Ink said...

Very cute!

Cheryl said...

Great job! I love this image and how you used it.

Elaine. said...

Karen, this card is simply beautiful. Great job.
Elaine

Alissa said...

This looks sooo good. For a second, I thought you had stamped over the sentiment... what a great stamp. I love the inked edges. Makes it stand out and gives it a little "vintage" feel. :)

Michelle VP said...

What a sweet card! Love how the words make the background for the bird and birdcage. :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!!

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

A beautiful card! No wonder you love that image! Gorgeous!