Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Magic Of Snow


Hi everyone, hope your week is off to a good start!  Mine has been busy so far which is good because I'm excited for the weekend.  I'm going to a 14 hour crop on Saturday to mass produce some more cards for Operation Write Home.  So far I have two cards designed and the supplies all ready to go and am working on a third card.  I just heard the weather forecast for the weekend and it sounds like we are in line to get some copious amounts of snow.  Lucky for me the crop is being held just a mile down the road.

Today I have another snowman card to share with you.  I made this card after getting my new Jumbo Snowflake Punch from Stampin' Up.  The layout was created by Mercy Kerin for the Flutter By Wednesday #88 ChallengeThe card base is Baja Breeze layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then Bunny Hill patterned paper.  I attached two small strips of Kiwi Kiss cardstock aligned on the right side with the patterned paper.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Snow Wonderful stamp set and colored in using ink and a blender pen then layered on to a slightly larger piece of Baja Breeze cardstock.  I wrapped Metallic Silver Ribbon around the card base and tied a knot in front.  The snowflake was made by punching Kiwi Kiss cardstock with the Jumbo Snowflake Punch and attached to the knot with a glue dot.  I also added a white button embellished with Silver Metallic Cord.  To finish off the card I added two medium Silver Brads in the upper right corner of the card base.

Wishing you a little magic to get you through the day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Snow Wonderful (Verve Stamps);  Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, PTI White and Bunny Hill (BasicGrey Dasher Collection);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze and Apricot Appeal;  Other: Medium Silver Brads, 5/8" Metallic Silver Ribbon, Silver Metallic Cord (Darice), Jumbo Snowflake Punch, White Button (BasicGrey), Blender Pen, Glue Dots and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Karen I love all your snowman cards. Have fun at the crop, what a great cause you're doing it for.

Vicki said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Love the colors and that snowflake! Have fun with your crop and thanks for helping out such a great cause! Blessings to you!

Becky said...

This is so cute.

MiamiKel said...

This is just lovely - my two fave colors together! Such a darling card! :)

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Super cute snowman card! I just purchased the snowflake punch, but I have yet to use it.

Have a good time at your crop, good thing are live close by!

Operation Write Home said...

Very nice take on the sketch - hope the crop went well!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card! Great colors too. TFS

Patty said...

Love the pp paper & I adore the snowflake! I love snowflakes! Have fun at your crop. Wish I could go, it sounds like so much fun!