Sunday, January 31, 2010

Red Sunflowers


I'm really excited to share with everyone that I created today's sketch and Red Sunflowers card for the Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #2.  I love this sketch because it is simple yet very elegant.  If you are a fellow cardmaker for Operation Write Home and would like to host a sketch challenge simply send an email here and you are on your way.  You may use whatever supplies inspire you in creating the card except no glitter please!  Sparkly messes can make the heroes visible at night! 

As for today's card details... the card base is Ruby Red layered with a slightly smaller piece of Tim Coffey Fall Script patterned paper.  I punched one edge of a strip of Barely Banana cardstock using the Cornice Edge Punch and taped this to the card base.  Next I cut a strip of Old Olive cardstock and embossed it using my Cuttlebug and the Divine Swirls Embossing Folder.  I wrapped the Rustic Retreat Ribbon around the cardstock and tied a bow in front before adhering to the card base.

The image is a free digital stamp called Fall Sunflowers from KLM Digital Designs.  I printed the image on my office printer and colored it in using Stampin' Write and Copic markers.  I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Ruby Red cardstock and attached it to the card base using Mounting Tape.

Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Fall Sunflowers (KLM Digital Designs);  Paper: Ruby Red, Barely Banana, Old Olive, PTI White and Tim Coffey Fall Script (K&Company); Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Copic Y21;  Other: Rustic Retreat Ribbon (Stampin' Up), Cornice Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Divine Swirls Embossing Folder and Mounting Tape.

11 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this sketch too Karen. Your color combo is so neutral I think it would be wonderful for a male or female. Those sunflowers are gorgeous.

Dixie said...

Karen your sketch and card are both terrific! Thanks for helping with the Stars and Stamps Blog!! I'm going to be creative today. Thanks for the inspiration!

Caryl P said...

Beautiful card and great job on the sketch. I can't wait to play along, though if I color an image I don't know that it will look as fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Awesome as usual!!

Katy from KLM Designs said...

This came out great! I love the colors!

Kajikit said...

Oooh! Me! Me! I've never done a card sketch before... but I'm sure it'll be fun. Love yours...

Seongsook Duncan said...

Very inspiring. Thanks very much.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous- I love the BG with the white flourishes and the script writing BG- perfect sketch for your design. TFS

Alissa said...

I LOVE this sketch! I might try it myself! Great job, Karen!

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love that combination of colors. Your sketch is great. Hope I can particpate in some of the challenges!

lcamacho said...

Hello Karen, Love the card.And the sketch.