Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snow Adorable


Here it is... the end of my winter card obsession... at least for now, LOL!!!  Considering I live in what seems to be the snow capital of the world I'm sure more inspiration will come along soon!  Today's card was inspired by the Friday Sketchers Challenge #82.  This is a new challenge site I recently discovered and already love their sketches!

My Snow Adorable card base is Baja Breeze layered with a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock then Bunny Hill patterned paper. I punched both edges of a strip of Kiwi Kiss cardstock using the Scallop Edge Punch then wrapped Metallic Silver Ribbon around it and tied a knot in front before attaching to the card base.  Using the Jumbo Snowflake Punch I punched out one snowflake each of Baja Breeze and Whisper White cardstock. These were layered then attached to the knot using glue dots. Next I added a button embellished with Silver Metallic Cord.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White using the Winter Wishes stamp set and colored in using ink and a blender pen. The nose and stick arms were colored in using Stampin' Write Markers. I punched each corner using the Ticket Corner Punch before layering on to a slightly larger piece of Baja Breeze cardstock. I added a small silver brad in each corner then attached the image to the card base using Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Winter Wishes (Hero Arts); Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White and Bunny Hill (BasicGrey Dasher Collection); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Apricot Appeal and Creamy Caramel; Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Jumbo Snowflake Punch, Small Silver Brads, 5/8" Metallic Silver Ribbon, Silver Metallic Cord (Darice), Blender Pen, Button, Glue Dots, and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Cute card! Like the layout. I'll have to check out that site. Hope yall warm up soon. We had a couple of days of 78 degree weather last week!

Anonymous said...

I love your bold use of color. I am inspired to re look at some of the paper I have. I tend to be very monochromatic, but I can learn by looking at your cards to be brave.Stacy

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Super cute snowman! I really like seeing how you use your snowflake punch.

Something tells me that winter isn't quite over yet for us here in PA. I think we are due for a big snow storm yet.

Karen-I posted a blog award for you on my blog :) For more information check out my blog.

Carrie said...

I love that layout! Your card is too cute.

Louise said...

THis is just adorable. Love the image and the layout is great.