Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Much Fun


I came across this interesting post on SCS earlier this week asking, “If you had $600 to spend on stamping stuff, what would you buy for stamps?” Like most everyone else who responded to the question I included more than just stamps on my list because there is so much more to stamping stuff than just stamps, LOL! Anyways, here is my response to the question.

The obsessive, compulsive stamper in me responded first (yea, you know the one I’m talking about!) so I started off my list with a few items I really want but realize it will take me a while to get, like…

1. Copic Sketch Makers – Oh, how I’m learning patience!!!
2. Nestabilities – got the circle ones after making the Curious Cat card to make more for OWH! I wish I had taken a photo of the much improved card after using the nestabilites, but I degress…

Next the practical side of me kicked in so I answered the actual question at hand, what stamps would I get:

3. Verve Stamps – just placed a huge order!
4. My Favorite Things – want the Flopsey and Pure Innocence stamps!
5. Gina K Designs – what stamps are there not to love!

Finally, I added a couple items I already have but really love and would recommend to anyone...

6. Memento Tuxedo Black – a must have ink pad, I’ve thrown out all my other black ink pads since I started using this one!
7. Punches and more punches - in my mind, one can never have too many punches!
8. Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Kits – perfectly coordinated kits that takes all the guess work out of what to use!!! Pure bliss!

I’m sure if I thought about it longer I could come up with many more items but by now I"m sure the $600 is long gone so I'll leave it at that, LOL! So, if you could spend $600 on stampin stuff... what would you buy for stamps?

I didn't have to spend very much (much time that is) creating this card and it was as the title says... Snow Much Fun!!! The card was inspired by the
Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #94. The card base is Baja Breeze layered with a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock then Bunny Hill patterned paper. The shadow layer is paper pierced Kiwi Kiss cardstock.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White using the Winter Wishes stamp set and colored in using ink and a blender pen. The nose and stick arms were colored in using Stampin' Write Markers. I layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Baja Breeze cardstock before adhering to the card base with Scotch Foam Mounting Tape. To finish off the card I added a couple medium Pewter Brads on the shadow layer.

Hope you have a great day!



CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Winter Wishes (Hero Arts); Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White and Bunny Hill (BasicGrey Dasher Collection); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel and Apricot Appeal; Other: Medium Pewter Brads, Blender Pen, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.

5 comments:

lcamacho said...

Karen this card is really pretty.I love the layout.I went to check out the challenge.Hopefully I get to play.

Gina said...

I love your snowman card with the paper pierced edges. Wow if I had $600, I would be tempted to buy Copics and refills. Stamps would probably be Gina K and Papertrey. If we add in Digis it would be Shirley's 2 Girls and Mo's. I don't think I would have a problem spending that money!

Elisabeth said...

super cute card, love the color combination!

Patty said...

Darling card Karen! I totally agree with you about the Memento Tuxedo Black ink...that's all I use. I find that all their inks are fabulous. I barely use any others now.

If I could spend $600, I would buy more Hero Arts Stamps, some of Gina K's, more cartridges for my Making Memories Slice, add more nestabilities to my collection and every patterned paper Graphic 45 makes.

Carrie said...

great sketch and such a wonderful card.