Sunday, January 3, 2010

Winter Wishes


I've been bouncing off the walls all morning excited to share this card with you.  It was created using the Everybody Art Challenge #66.  As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to make a card using my huge die cut snowflakes.

The card base is Baja Breeze layered with a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock then Bunny Hill patterned paper.  I used another one of those huge snowflakes I die cut at Archiver's some time ago.  For this card I cut the snowflake in half and attached one half on each side of the card base with the edge of the snowflake aligned with the Whisper White cardstock.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White cardstock using the Winter Wishes stamp set and colored in using ink and a blender pen.  The nose and stick arms were colored using Stampin' Write Markers.  Next I die cut and embossed the image using the Standard Circles Nestabilites and layered it on to a slightly larger Standard Circle then a Classic Scallop Circle before adhering to the card base with Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

To embellish the card I wrapped Dotted Organdy Ribbon around the card base and tied a knot in front.  Using a glue dot I added a green button with DMC White tied through the holes over the knot on the ribbon.  To finish off the card I added a medium silver brad to each corner of the card base.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Winter Wishes (Hero Arts);  Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Whisper White and Bunny Hill (BasicGrey Dasher Collection);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel and Apricot Appeal;  Other: Standard Circles and Classic Scallop Circles Nestabilities, Medium Silver Brads, Button (BasicGrey), Dotted Organdy Ribbon, DMC White, Glue Dots and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

15 comments:

Sandi said...

Very sweet card! That ribbon is perfect. So light and fluffy.

Elaine said...

Great card. Love how you worked the layout.
Elaine

jimlynn said...

Such a cute, cute card! Just precious. Love the layout too.

Leonie said...

Lovely card! Happy new year!

Thanks for playing along at EAC!

Leonie xx

Micki Switzer said...

I loved your idea of cutting the snowflake in half. The colors are fab...but the best thing about your sight....Kitties!!! My cats are on my blog too and in my blog name.... Thanks for sharing your card.

lcamacho said...

WOW!!This is so beautiful.Love everything about it.

Cheryl said...

Love it! You have some wonderful snowmen cards on your blog but I think this might be my fav.

Suzanne said...

I adore this! The bow is gorgeous and I love the split snowflake on the sides. Great card!

Patty said...

Very cute card Karen! I love the colors.

Becky said...

What a wonderful sketch and awesome card. The bow is gorgeous.

Carrie said...

Karen this is ADORABLE. I love so much about it. The paper, the cute polka dot ribbon, the colors. Great idea putting partial snowflakes on each side.

Vicki said...

Awwww, Karen, he is so cute! Love the papers and accents! Wonderful work! Blessings to you!

Kellie said...

Cute card. I love what you did with the giant snowflake. It works perfectly for the disign

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I LOVE the snowflakes cut and on each side for the circle- brilliant! Great snowman- awesome card!

Sheree said...

Wonderful card! What a neat idea to cut the large snowflake in half and put it on both sides of the snowman!