Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Basketful Of Eggs


Hi everyone!  I think my calendar is a bit off because I fell like I skipped a couple months and didn't even get to pass go, LOL!!!  So I haven't really done anything as far as making Valentine's cards and instead jumped right into making Easter cards!

Today’s card was made using my new acrylic stamps from Stamps and Smiles!  The layout is from The Pink Elephant Challenge #50.  The card base is Orchid Opulence cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of Pastel Plaid Large patterned paper.  The shadow layer is a strip of Orchid Opulence cardstock.  I used the Scallop Edge Punch on both sides then layered it with a slightly smaller strip of Yoyo Yellow cardstock.  Before attaching it to the card base I wrapped 5/8" Fresh Snow Grosgrain ribbon around it length wise then tied a knot in front.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Egg Hunt stamp set then colored in using Stampin' Write and Copic Markers.  Using the Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities I cut and embossed the image then layered it on to Orchid Opulence cardstock cut with the Scallop Ovals Large Nestabilities.  To further embellish the card I added a large gold brad in each corner.

Thanks for coming by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Egg Hunt (Stamps and Smiles);  Paper: Orchid Opulence, Yoyo Yellow, PTI White and Pastel Plaid Large (Karen Foster Design);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Orchid Opulence, Pretty In Pink, Sage Shadow and Copics E47, E55 and Y15;  Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Classic and Scallop Ovals Large Nestabilites, 5/8" Fresh Snow Grosgrain Ribbon (PTI), Large Gold Brads and Mounting Tape.

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh, SOOO cute! Love that little purple dress on the bunny and he's one of the cuter bunnies I've seen! Just wonderful.

Carrie said...

This is darling! I love the purple yellow combo. I've also been in the mood to start on Easter cards.

Lauri said...

Hi Karen!! Oh I am SO ready for spring! Such a cute bunny! Wonderful colors!