Monday, February 8, 2010

Beautiful Kindness


Today's card was created for the Stamps R Us Challenge #3.  Carrie is hosting this month's challenge which is to create a card using only the colors Red, Black and White.  Not just the cardstock and patterned papers but inks and embellishments too.  At first I thought this was going to be really hard for me since I tend to pick images I'm able to color in but once I got going with this card it turned out fabulous... if I may say so myself and I had lots of fun making it!!!  Thank you for bringing me out of my comfort zone, Carrie!!!

My Beautiful Kindness card base is Real Red layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then Basic Black cardstock.  I trimmed the edges of the Basic Black cardstock using a Fiskars Edge Scissors.  I actually made the card starting with the image and selected this scissors because it coordinates perfectly with the edge in the image!

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using my new Key To My Heart stamp set from Close To My Heart.  I picked it up at the 14 hour crop I went to a couple weekends ago.  I then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Real Red cardstock.  Before attaching the image to the cardbase with mounting tape I wrapped organdy ribbon around it and tied a bow in front.

The beautiful butterflies were also stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Beautiful Kindness stamp set and were colored in using my Copic R29 marker.  To finish off the card I added Clear Acrylic Jewels in each corner.  I'm not sure if clear really counts as Red, Black or White but I begged Carrie to let me use them because I just couldn't picture the card without them!  Isn't Carrie a sweetheart, hugs to you Carrie!!!

Well, that's it for today!  Hope you make it a beautiful one!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Key To My Heart (Close To My Heart), Beautiful Kindness (Verve Stamps);  Paper: Real Red, Basic Black and PTI White;  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic R29;  Other: Organdy Ribbon (Offray), Clear Acrylic Jewels (Wal-Mart) and Mounting Tape.

10 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this Karen!!! You did a great job with the challenge and I love the edge you cut with the scissors. I could never in a million years cut that straight. The gems are a wonderful touch too and you're right can't picture the card without them.

Patty said...

WOW!!! I love this card Karen! I'm a big fan of black with any color, so this card is right up my alley. Just gorgeous!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous.

Kellie said...

What a beautiful card. This just turned out stunning.

Kajikit said...

What a beautiful card!

lcamacho said...

WOW!!!You did a beautiful job on the challenge.Love everything about it.TFS

Tami said...

I love the color combo Looks great:)

jimlynn said...

This is stunning! So very pretty.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is an awesome card- you have inspired me! I have yet to make my challenge card!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Beautiful card, Karen! You did an awesome job with your Fiskars scissors (your border looks so perfect), I always have trouble with them. Love your gems too, they are just the right touch!