Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cute As A Bunny


Hi everyone!  Today's card was created using my new Flopsey Flowers stamp set from My Favorite Things.  This is one stamp set I just couldn't wait to get and play with.  The image was a huge challenge for me to color in though.  I used my new copic markers and have to admit I didn't do too bad this first time but if you look closely you'll see the streaks in his big floppy ears and some along the body and legs, LOL!

My card base is Pinecone layered with a slightly smaller piece of Delilah Pretty patterned paper.  The strip is Pretty In Pink cardstock punched using the Eyelet Border Punch and embellished with Kaiser Rhinestones.  The other edge was finished with Ric Rac Ribbon.  The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Flopsey Flowers stamp set and colored in using Copic Markers.  I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Pinecone and attached it to the card base using mounting tape. 

The top of the card seemed to have a lot of white space so I punched out two Pretty In Pink corner pieces and shadowed them under the image.  I'm still not a huge fan of this card and would do it differently next time but Flopsey is too adorable to rip apart so it is what you get for today, LOL!  To finish off the card and add a little more sparkle I placed a Kaiser Rhinestone at the center of each flower.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Flopsey Flowers (My Favorite Things);  Paper: Pinecone (Bazzill), Pretty In Pink (Stampin' Up), PTI White and Delilah Pretty (BoBunny);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics E55 and R43;  Other: Ric Rac Ribbon (Making Memories), Kaiser Rhinestones, Eyelet Border Punch, Corner Punch and Mounting Tape.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

cute as a bunny is cute as can be :) You did a great job with the copics, I haven't taken that plunge yet..good luck with them.

Patty said...

What an adorable stamp! Cute card!

Operation Write Home said...

What a cute bunny!! Well done :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a great image- and I think you did a fabulous job with your coloring! I have held out buying this one so far........!!!

paperpedaler said...

You used an adorable image, and the pink photo corners really caught my eye. Nice Work.