Friday, February 5, 2010

Egg-stra Special


I guess I’ll have to be a little more careful what I wish for, LOL!!! We got a couple inches of snow overnight and are expecting another storm on Sunday that is supposed to last into Wednesday now!  Since I’ll be snowed in at home this weekend I’m planning on having lots of fun playing with some new goodies I got.

Today though I have another Easter card to share!!! This is another acrylic stamp set I got from Stamps and Smiles called Egg-stra-special. The image looks like it is all one stamp but is really not which makes it SO much fun to play with! The set comes with several different painted eggs… so the eggabilities are endless.  Get it, possibilities... eggabilities!!! At first I was going to say, “so there is an egg for every occasion” then remembered there are no other holidays that feature eggs, LOL!!!  I should say “there is a NUT for every occasion”, ME!!!

The card base is Yoyo Yellow layered with a slightly smaller piece of Orchid Opulence cardstock then a half sheet of Pastel Plaid Large patterned paper. To save on ribbon I wrapped it around the back and taped the ends in front so they are covered up by the image. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Egg-stra-special stamp set and colored in using Stampin' Write and Copic Markers. The sentiment was also stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. I then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Yoyo Yellow cardstock and attached it to the card base with mounting tape.

I'd wish you up some snow too but somehow that might not go over so well so instead I'll just wish you a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Egg-stra-special (Stamps and Smiles); Paper: Orchid Opulence, Yoyo Yellow, PTI White and Pastel Plaid Large (Karen Foster Design); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Orchid Opulence, Pretty In Pink, Sage Shadow and Copics E47, E55 and Y15; Other: Haute Elle Ribbon (American Crafts) and Mounting Tape.

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Karen, I think your card is
"eggstra-special"!!!! Precious image. That little rabbit is a cutie. Great coloring.

Alissa said...

As of right now the snow is supposedly missing us in CT - although we've gone back and forth all week so anything is possible. I wouldn't have been opposed to it, so wish away! Love the new stamp. Can't wait to see all the "eggabilities" you come up with!

Jackie said...

What a cute card Karen and your coloring is great!
Hugs,
Jackie

Tami said...

I really love these colors:)

lcamacho said...

very bright and cheerful.Pattern paper is so cute.