Friday, February 26, 2010

I Miss You


I've been working on this card all week, literally! Can you believe it!  Each morning before work I've tried to spend about 15-20 minutes in my craft room and today I finally have my challenge card ready to post, LOL!!! The layout is from the Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #5 and the color combination is inspired by the Stamps R Us Color Challenge which is to use only the colors black, red and white!

My card base is Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of Real Red cardstock which I embossed using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder to add some texture to the background. The next layer is Basic Black cardstock layered with two pieces of Black Divine patterned paper, one on each side. 

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and Real Red on PTI White using the Heartfelt Thanks stamp set. Of course, I couldn't resist paper piercing around the edges. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Say It In Style stamp set and punched out using my large oval punch. I had a really hard time not using mounting tape on this card to add some dimension so I compensated by using Black Kaiser Pearls but they match so well you can hardly see them anyways, LOL!

Hope you have a great day!  Thanks for coming by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks (Stampin' Up) and Say It In Style (CTMH);  Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, PTI White and Black Divine (Doodlebug Design);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Real Red;  Other: Large Oval Punch, Paper Piercing, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and Black Kaiser Pearls. 

12 comments:

Carrie said...

What a wonderful card Karen. The background is gorgeous, love how you did your flower and the layout is great too. You did a fantastic job with this challenge.

jaydee said...

Karen, your card is beautiful. I love the color choices and the way you worked the three panels in was fabulous.
thanks so much for sharing - and love your blog name :-)
jaydee

jimlynn said...

Just beautiful Karen! So pretty - and perfect for the challenge!

Paula said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!

Patty said...

Love everything about this card! I love black & red and the patterned paper you used is fantastic!

Caryl P said...

So beautiful! I love the look of the 2-step stamping for the flower. Very elegant.

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the red paper with the black and white patterned paper next to it! The stamp is also quite nice. What a simple, yet elegant card!

lcamacho said...

Karen,I love this card.Pattern paper is so cute.

sarahw said...

You did an amazing job with this card! I love everything about it. :)

Seongsook Duncan said...

What a beautiful card, Karen! I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the layout- love your interpretation of the challenge! Great card!

Sandy said...

Lovely, just lovely....I like the strong color and contrast!