Sunday, February 14, 2010

Miss You Like Crazy


Today's card was created for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #125. I'm really proud of myself for having completed this before the challenge ends even if it is only by one day, LOL!

The card base is Chocolate Chip cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of Flutter Butter Burst patterned paper. The shadow layer is Chocolate Chip layered with Flutter Butter Stripe and Willow patterned paper. The Willow piece was rounded on one end using my Creative Memories Circle Cutting System. The ribbon was wrapped around the Willow patterned paper and taped on the backside.

The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White using the Heartfelt Phrases stamp set then punched out using the Designer Label Punch and tucked under the Willow patterned paper. The image was stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White using the Floral Symphony stamp set and colored in using Stampin' Write Markers. It was cut out and embossed using the Standard Circle Large Nestabilities. I made a beautiful bow with another piece of the wired edge ribbon and attached it at the base of the image using glue dots. To finish off the card I added a Sunflower Dew Drop in each corner of the shadow layer.
Happy Valentine's!!!  Hope you have a sweet day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Floral Symphony and Heartfelt Phrases (Verve Stamps);  Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Flutter Butter Willow, Stripe and Burst (BoBunny);  Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard and Old Olive;  Other: Wired Edge Ribbon, Designer Label Punch, Creative Memories Circle Cutting System, Standard Circle Large Nestabilities, Sunflower Dew Drops, Mounting Tape, Glue Dots and Tombow Mono Multi.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Wonderful card Karen, great colors, great paper combo and cool layout. Some day I'll learn to tie a bow on a card LOL. Sorry to hear about your kitty..poor girl..hopefully the shot will help her.

Tami said...

I really like the colors and the sketch:)

Alison said...

Oh this is super cute! Love it! great work with the sketch!

lcamacho said...

Karen,this card is so beautiful.Love the way the bow came out and the colors.Great job on the sketch.

Patty said...

Love that background paper and the polka dot bow! I was going to try this challenge too, but ran out of time. I like your version of the sketch!

Abi Bundy said...

Love the ribbon! great colours that you chose too!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a great card, I love your flower image and what a pretty bow!

I love how you used this sketch. I've never participated in the Monday's Mojo sketch, I guess I should give it a try.

Sara and Co said...

What a fun and vibrant take on the sketch! Your bow is beautiful and the polka dots are perfect with the patterned papers... Love that sentiment stamp, too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- I missed that sketch- you did a great job with it!