Monday, February 22, 2010

My Secret Garden


WAHOO, I finally used up all the Flutter Butter patterned paper I've been playing with lately.  I mass produced this quick and easy card for Operation Write Home then sent off another box of cards to the shipper.  I'm so excited to be a fourth of the way towards achieving my goal for this year already, YEAH!!!  And that's not even including the huge stash of holiday cards I'm sitting on from this past holiday season, just waiting for the right time to send them!!!.

The layout for this card is really simple!  My card base is Chocolate Chip layered with a slightly smaller piece of Flutter Butter Burst.  The shadow layer is Chocolate Chip layered with a sligthly smaller piece of Flutter Butter Stripe.  I wrapped Alpine Ribbon around the card base and taped the ends down under the image.

The image was stamped in Chocolate Chip on paper pierced Whisper White using the Floral Symphony stamp set and colored in using Stampin' Write Markers.  It was layered on to a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and attached to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card a little I added two dew drops in the upper left corner.  That's it, super easy!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Floral Symphony (Verve Stamps);  Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Flutter Butter Strip and Burst (BoBunny);  Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and More Mustard;  Other: Dew Drops, Paper Piercing, Alpine Ribbon (Stampin' Up) and Mounting Tape.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Lovely card, great layout. You're doing an awesome job with Operation Write Home :)

Anna ~ Flatkatt said...

Love your layout and the gorgeous colour combo. Great card!

lcamacho said...

Very Pretty card!I love the layout

jimlynn said...

Lovely card....I really like that patterned paper. Great job.

Kellie said...

I love the colors and the layout is wonderful, simple and clean. Congrats on staying on task with your goal.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this! Great card and super paper. TFS

Patty said...

Nice card Karen! I love the paper, the color combination and how it's layed out.