Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pink Pansies


I'm flying through my challenges this week and having lots of fun! My card today was inspired by the Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #3. I never know where or what sentiments to use so for this card I swapped out the sentiment and instead added ribbon and a bow. I really wanted to use this pansy stamp but the flowers ended up being a tad too big for the center strip so I shifted them up just a bit and walla!

My Pink Pansies card base is Yam Bazzill layered with a slightly smaller piece of Pretty In Pink cardstock then Delilah patterned paper. The center strip is Yam layered on to a strip of Pretty In Pink I trimmed on both sides using the Scallop Edge Punch. The flowers were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Pansy stamp and colored in using Copic Markers. I wrapped cream grosgrain ribbon around the card base and tie a bow in front. I just love the shimmer in this cream ribbon!!! And to add a little personal touch to the card I added an acrylic jewel at the center of each pansy!

Thanks for looking!  Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Pansy (Autumn Leaves);  Paper: Yam (Bazzill), Pretty In Pink (Stampin' Up), Delilah (BoBunny);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics RV13 and YR12;  Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, Acrylic Jewels (Wal-Mart) and Mounting Tape.

8 comments:

Lauri said...

This is a gorgeous card!! I love how you added the ribbon...I do the same thing too, leaving sentiments off a lot of my cards since you never know what you may use it for! Thanks for playing with the challenge!!

Carrie said...

Love those flowers Karen. I also think your sketch is pretty close to SCS this week. Great card.

Caryl P said...

What a gorgeous card Karen! I love how the pansies are offset to the top of the panel. I haven't done this sketch yet, so I may need to give it a go!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous card!! Like everything about it.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors you used and the ribbon is a perfect touch!

Jess said...

I love your color combination... It's gorgeous.

Abi Bundy said...

this is gorgeous love those flowers!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- from the colors to the ribbon! TFS