Friday, February 12, 2010

Special Moments


Hello everyone!  I'm sitting here all bundled up in my PJ's and housecoat sipping a warm cup of Chai Tea Latte thankful that the sun is coming out again today!  Normally I'd be heading to work about this time but I took a couple days off work to hang out with my hubby!  So far we haven't done much hanging out though.  He is busy laying tile in our entry way and I've been busy as a beaver creating cards in my craft room!  I think today he will be ready to grout though and then I'm stuck at home for 24-48 hours while it dries, LOL!.  Perhaps by Sunday we will be able to get out and go see the movie Dear John for Valentine's Day!!!  Needless to say, by Monday I should have plenty of cards to share with everyone!

Today's card base is Perfect Plum layered with a slightly smaller piece of Peacock Plaid Large patterned paper.  Using my Arch Lattice Punch I trimmed one edge of a strip of Ocean Tides cardstock and placed it along the left side of the card.  The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Special Moments stamp and colored in using Watercolor Wonder Crayons.  I layered it on a slightly larger piece of Perfect Plum cardstock then wrapped metallic silver wired ribbon around it and made a bow in front.

To embellish the card I added a pearl dew drop in each corner.  I recently discovered dew drops and must say it didn't take very long to fall in love with them.  They rank right up there in my book along with gems, brads and rhinestones.  Must be the theme lately because you'll notice the next several cards all have jewels, brads, rhinetones or dew drops.  Oh well, gotta have some fun, right!

Off to play in my craft room, hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Special Moments (Hero Arts);  Paper: Perfect Plum, PTI White and Ocean Tides, and Peacock Plaid Large (Karen Foster Designs);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Perfect Plum and Handsome Hunter;  Other: Silver Wired Ribbon (Offray), Arch Lattice Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Pearl Dew Drops (The Robins Nest) and Mounting Tape.

6 comments:

Scrapping Mom said...

Very beautful card.

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love the colors.

Carrie said...

Beautiful colors Karen and this card would fit any occasion. I love cards like that, they're nice to have on hand :)

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a beautiful card, Karen! Purple is my favorite color ;)

I love these colors together and your dew drops are just perfect.

Enjoy all of your time crafting while the grout dries!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this pretty card- you have been busy!!! I love this layout and the pretty colors you used!

Monika Reeck said...

I see a small icon on the card for DDSB today Karen and I know this must be Hero Arts Stamp Images yes I am right hehehe..smile....I love all the purple on this card..lovely design and yummy ribbon Karen..wonderful card...(is it with water color dear??)