Thursday, February 18, 2010

Start Your Day With WHEE!


Today I want to share with you a card I made for The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #43.  I kept the same basic layout as the sketch but turned the card upright and tucked the image under the circle to make it look as though the little girl is swinging beneath an apple tree.  I said apple tree because the green patterned paper makes me think of green apples, LOL!

The card base is Chocolate Chip layered with a slightly smaller piece of Flutter Butter Willow patterned paper.  The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on a 2 1/2 x 4 inch piece of paper pierced PTI White using the Start The Day With WHEE! stamp set and colored in using Stampin' Write Markers then layered on to a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock.  To make the dress I stamped the image on to Flutter Butter Stripe patterned paper, cut out the dress and paper pieced it over the original.

Next I cut out a circle of Flutter Butter Stripe patterned paper using my Standard Circles Small Nestabilities and layered it on to the Chocolate Chip circle cut out using the Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities.  I wrapped Offray Ribbon around the scalloped edge and taped it on the back side.  I added Gemstones along the scalloped border then layered Bazzill flowers over the strip of ribbon and attached a bow in the center.  To further embellish the card I added a strip of ribbon at the bottom of the card and covered the ends with flower gemstones.

Hope you have a terrific day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Start The Day With WHEE! (My Favorite Things);  Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Flutter Butter Willow and Stripe (BoBunny);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa and More Mustard;  Other: Classic Scalloped Circles Large and Standard Circles Small (Nestabilities), Offray Ribbon, Flowers (Bazzill), Gemstones (Hero Arts), Jewels (Wal-Mart), Paper Piercing, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

This is a fabulous sketch. Need to write this one down. I love that you paper pieced her dress with the same paper from the card base and how the top is supposed to resemble a tree...clever idea.

lcamacho said...

Karen,This card is gorgeous.I am really loving this paper. Your last three cards are my favs.As of this week.cant wait to see what you have next to share.
Thinking of your dog,I believe its a sign from above Isnt it awesome how things like that happen.

jimlynn said...

This is so pretty Karen. I really like the patterned paper and how you "pieced" it on her dress. So cute.

Patty said...

Very cute card Karen!. I love that stamp. You do such a nice job with markers. I'm not good at using markers at all.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just adorable!!! I have never done paper piecing- it is darling!!! I love the layout you used too- wonderful!

CreaRenata said...

Great take on the sketch! Lovely colours, sweet image. thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

Tami said...

I love the flowers, paper, embellishments, colors , stamp and layout. Great job.

Paige said...

Cute card! I love the colors, patterns, and embellies on this one!