Saturday, February 20, 2010

Two Little Lovebirds


Today's card was inspired by the Stars and Stamps Stash Challenge to use two patterned papers and a button!  I have a huge stash of both patterned paper and buttons but rarely ever use my buttons. Since working with Kathy on this challenge it is all I can think about so I'm sure you will start to see lots more cards with buttons, LOL!

The card base is Pinecone layered with a slightly smaller piece of Delilah Pretty and at the bottom of the card a one inch strip of Delilah Stripe patterned paper. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using my new Love Birds stamp set and colored in using copic markers. I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Pinecone before attaching to the card base.

For embellishments I added Ric Rac Ribbon at the base of the image and some various size buttons threaded with DMC White. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using my Flirty Phrases stamp set and punched out using the Word Window Punch.


Hope you're having a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Love Birds (My Favorite Things) and Flirty Phrases (Verve Stamps);  Paper: Pinecone (Bazzill), Delilah Stripe and Pretty (BoBunny) and PTI White;  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics E47, R43, YG95, YR24;  Other: Brown Ric Rac Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Buttons, DMC White and Glue Dots.

13 comments:

Linda said...

Cute card!

jimlynn said...

Hey Karen, this is darling! Love the buttons on it - and of course, the ric rack. So cute.

Donna Inks said...

So cute!

Patty said...

Love how the two patterns coordinate. I like mixing patterns. I also love the buttons :). I'm a button and flower gal! Very cute card!

Our Little Inspirations said...

Your buttons are the perfect accent to this great card! I love the coordinating dsp and the ric-rac border that separates them! Beautifully detailed!!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous! Love that ricrac touch :)

Dixie said...

This card makes me smile! LOVE it!

Carrie said...

So cute Karen, love the mix of dps and the pink buttons. Thanks for inspiriing me to get out my button stash and use some of it.

Patricia F said...

I like how you used the ric rac....maybe I can finally use some of the ric rac from my stash.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the DP, and the ric rac is such a neat addition to your card! TFS

Anonymous said...

Love It, The color combo is great.
cant, Look forward to the rest of your creations!

Anna ~ Flatkatt said...

Such a sweet card! The ric rac over the image creates great depth to your layout. Love how you've used the different knots on the buttons.

Alison said...

Super cute! SO sweet!