Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Andrea's Kitties


I'm branching out from digital stamps to digital paper and loving it! Today's card features digital paper from the Spontaneous Delight digital scrapbooking kit available at Shabby Princess. The funny thing is that I printed the paper intending to make a fun St. Patrick's Day card for the family using this adorable St. Patty's Day Bear digital stamp from the Digi Doodle Shop but my husband declared the card very non St. Patrick's Day (I really can't blame him though since I don't see much green in this card, LOL!) so I ended up swapping the image for this cute little girl with the kittens instead.

My card base is Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White cardstock then paper pierced Shabby Stripe patterned paper. The shadow layer is a 3x4 piece of Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of paper pierced Tempting Turquoise cardstock. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Andrea's Kitties stamp and colored in using copic markers. I cut out the image and attached it to the card base using mounting tape.


The sentiment was also stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White and punched out using the Modern Label Punch and attached to the card base with mounting tape. To embellish the card I layered two different size and color Bazzill paper flowers, added a large jewel in the center and adhered it to the card base with a glue dot.

Hope you have a fantastic day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Andrea's Kitties (High Hopes), Wishing A Happy Day (Hero Arts);  Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, Tempting Turquoise, Shabby Stripe from Spontaneous Delight Collection(Shabby Princess);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics C2, C4, E47, E55, BG05, YG95;  Other: Bazzill Flowers, Paper Piercing, Modern Label Punch, Swimming Pool Jewels (Doodlebug Design), Mounting Tape and Glue Dots.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow I love this color combo Karen, very striking. Really cute card too and cute image.

Kellie said...

Karen, this is very cute and I love the color combo also.

lcamacho said...

Hi Karen,This image is so cute.TFS

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a pretty card, I've never used digital paper before and after seeing your card I should give it a try. I love your flower with the jewel too!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Very nice card, Karen! Thanks for the OWH stash challenge with flowers.

Patty said...

I really love that card Karen. The flower is great. I haven't ventured into using digital stamps and paper yet. I'm thinking about it.

jimlynn said...

So cute, Karen.....love that little image with the kittens poking their heads out.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I LOVE the color combo! Thanks for a great challenge!!
Tammy

Tami said...

This is so cute love the stamp and the colors.