Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bubblegum LOVE


I had so much fun playing with the Stamps R Us Color Challenge last month that when I saw Taylored Expressions Black and White with a splash of color challenge I decided to keep on playing with my Black and White papers but pulled out some Bubblegum pink cardstock to go along with it.

My card base is Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of Bubblegum cardstock then Black Flourish patterned paper. Next I wrapped Fresh Snow ribbon around the card base and taped the ends down in front where they will be covered up by the image. The image or background was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Design Block Flourish stamp.

The word LOVE was die cut from Bubblegum cardstock using my Sizzix Sidekick and Block Party Alphabet. Below the word LOVE I attached three large Kaiser Rhinestones. The image was layered on to a slightly larger piece of Bubblegum then Basic Black cardstock then attached to the card base using Mounting Tape.

Next I tied a bow using more of the Fresh Snow Ribbon and adhered it over the image using glue dots. The butterfly was stamped in Pink Passion using the Great Friends stamp set on PTI White and embossed using Clear Embossing Powder then cut out. I attached it to the image using a small piece of mounting tape then embellished the center with some small Kaiser Rhinestones.


Hope you take time to spread some love today!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Great Friend (Stampin' Up) and Design Block Flourish (Hero Arts);  Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, Bubblegum and Black Flourish PP (Doodlebug Design);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pink Passion Craft Pad;  Other: 5/8" Fresh Snow Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Mounting Tape, Glue Dots, Kaiser Rhinestones, Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger), Block Party Alphabet (Sizzix).

6 comments:

Carrie said...

This is fantastic Karen. I love the pop of pink with the black and white.

Our Little Inspirations said...

These colors are fabulous! I LOVE everything about this card!

Patty said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors!

Operation Write Home said...

The pink is the perfect touch! nice!

Dixie said...

Black + white + pink = elegant card.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Great colors!!