Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dancing Daisy


WOW, this beautiful card is the first I've created using digital patterned paper and pre-coloured digital images. The gorgeous patterned paper and Dancing Daisy pre-coloured digital image are from Fred, She Said! For those of you who haven't heard, Tracey-Lynn Miller from Fred, She Said created a wonderful Tulip Trio digital image for the Operation Write Home cardmakers hosted on the Stars and Stamps blog. You will also want to check out the amazing card and tutorial prepared by Darsie Bruno, Designer for Fred, She Said.

My Dancing Daisy card base is a half sheet of Pixie Pink cardstock folded in half. Next I printed, cut out and layered a 3 3/4 x 2 1/2 piece each of Luscious Chocolate and Striped Gold patterned paper on to a piece of PTI White cardstock. I wrapped Fresh Snow Grosgrain Ribbon around it and taped the ends on the backside before attaching to the card base. The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer, cut out and layered on to a slightly larger piece of Pixie Pink cardstock then attached to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added three Pearl Dew Drops along the lower right corner of the card.


Hope your day is dancing with joy!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Dancing Daisy (Fred, She Said);  Paper: PTI White, Pixie Pink (Stampin' Up), Luscious Chocolate and Striped Gold (Fred, She Said);  Other: 5/8" Fresh Snow Grosgrain Ribbon, Pearl Dew Drops, Mounting Tape and Tombow Mono Multi.

8 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

Your card is gorgeous!! I love the colors and design and how you used this digi image! I have an Epson printer that I love, but it HATES PTI cardstock and jams every time I try to print with it, so unfortunately I have to pass on the digital images.

lcamacho said...

Hi Karen,this card is just gorgeous!I love it all.TFS

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! That is amazaing that you can get results like that with digital! So pretty.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- Gorgeous gorgeous and more gorgeous!!!

Carrie said...

Wow this is gorgeous!! Love that paper and image

Patty said...

You card is beautiful! I always love the background patterns you use!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

I've never heard of pre-coloured digital images, sounds interesting. Your card is just breath taking! It's soooooo gorgeous! Love this layout too!

Dawn said...

Hi, Karen I'm following you on the card hop. I've been enjoying your blog. very nice! Have a great day, and I'll "see" you tomorrow!