Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Digi Doodle Shop's Best

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to share with you that I'm one of the new designers for the Digi Doodle Shop's Best Design Team. I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I was when Harriet contacted me about joining the Digi Doodle Shop's Best. The digital images they offer are so elegant and fun to work with!

I will be part of the design team from April through September and can't wait to share with you some of the amazing images they have to offer.  The Digi Doodle Shop grand opening is on April 1st... be one of the first 50 customers and you'll be entered into a drawing for a one of a kind custom stamp!  The design team will have some fabulous card creations to share with you! 

Before I get to today's card, please let me introduce you to the rest of the Digi Doodle Shop's Best designers:

Kym - KymKreates
Jayne - Serendepity
Michelle - MEG Bee Designs

I'm thrilled to be part of such a fun and talented team.  Please join us on April 1st as we kick off our first weekly challenge over at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best.


And now for today's card... my card base is Wild Wasabi layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White. I punched out the corners of the dark purple textured paper using the ticket corner punch then adhered it to the card base. Next I cut a 1 1/4 x 5 inch strip of Lavendar Lace cardstock and layered it in the center of the card base.

The beautiful Iris used on today's card is a digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop.  I printed the image on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored it in using copic markers. I paper pierced the edges before layering it on to a slightly larger piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock. Silver Metallic Ribbon was wrapped around the image and a knot tied in front before attaching it to the card base using mounting tape. To further embellish the card I added small silver brads in each corner.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Iris (Digi Doodle Shop);  Paper: Wild Wasabi, Lavendar Lace, PTI White and Dark Purple Textured Paper;  Ink: Copics V09, V17, G99, YG63;  Other: Small Silver Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Paper Piercing, Silver Metallic Ribbon and Mounting Tape.

14 comments:

lcamacho said...

Congrats Karen,very proud of you.Sounds like fun.Im going to check it out.And this card is amazing love the colors.

jimlynn said...

Lovely card, Karen - AND congrats! That's wonderful.

Michelle B said...

Such a beautiful card Karen! I love that ribbon...CONGRATS on the DT I can't wait to get to work with you...

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Judy said...

Hi Karen,

Congratulations on becoming a part of our team at Digi Doodle Shop. I'm so honored that you have joined our team. This card it totally goreous, and I can't wait to get it in our gallery.

Lots of love,
Judy

Our Little Inspirations said...

Congrats are in order! WTG, I'm so happy for you :)
Your card is FABULOUS! I LOVE purple, and that textured paper is amazing! You've colored the image so beautifully to make one awesome card!

Jennifer Moore said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors, the image, everything.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card! Beautiful colors. Congrats on the DT!

Pascale said...

This is gorgeous Karen I love the pierced border and the purple card really compliments the image. Really looking forward to working with you Hugs Pascale

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Karen this is sooo beautiful I love the pierced border too and I love Purple..I wish I get this baeutiful card :), Congrats and I am looking forwart to working with you too..., Love, Monika

Katja of Katzz said...

Very beautifull this card with the flower. I will try this stamp also on a card.

Greetings,
Katja

KymKreates said...

what a gorgeous card. I just adore the colors. We are so very pleased to have you as a part of our team!!!
Kym

Dixie Cochran said...

Good for you, Karen! How exciting!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Congrats, Karen for being chosen for Digi Doodle Shop's DT- how exciting for you!

Love this beautiful card and the coloring on your flowers is just gorgeous!

jo said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the purples and the green!

So happy to be on the DDSB DT with you! :)