Monday, March 15, 2010

Fairy Girl


Today's card was created for the mid-week challenge hosted on the Stars and Stamps blog. Tammy challenged all of us to create a card using the paper piecing technique and even included a tutorial to get us started. The Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things are perfect for this technique so I pulled out the Fairy Girl stamp set because I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

My card base is Dark Chocolate layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White cardstock. Using my Ticket Corner Punch I finished the edges on a piece of Love Bandit Bee Mine patterned paper and attached it to the card base. Next I cut a 2 inch strip of Dark Chocolate cardstock and punched both sides using the Scallop Edge Punch. I adhered this to the card base then wrapped Sheer Green Ribbon around it and tied a bow in front.


The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Fairy Girl stamp set and colored in using copic markers. I stamped the image a second time on the Love Bandit Bee Mine patterned paper, cut out the dress and taped it over the dress in the image stamped on PTI White. I then cut out and embossed the image using my Standard Circles Large Nestabilities. I layered it on to a piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock cut out using the Classic Scallop Circles Large Nestabilities then attached it to the card base using mounting tape. To finish off the card I added small rhinestones in each corner and a large rhinestone on the lace of the girl's dress.

Hope you have a marvelous monday!



CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Fairy Girl (My Favorite Things);  Paper: Dark Chocolate and White (Papertrey Ink), Love Bandit Bee Mine (BoBunny);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics E77, R46, YG13;  Other: Rhinestones (Me & My Big Ideas), Ticket Corner Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Standard Circles Large and Classic Scallop Circles Large Nestabilities, Sheer Ribbon and Mounting Tape.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

How sweet. I love how you paper pieced her dress with the same bg paper. Wonderfully done

Patty said...

So adorable! I love paper piecing. Love that paper!

jimlynn said...

Just an all around very cute card!!!

Tammy said...

This is adorable Karen!! Such a sweet little girl and the perfect image for paper piecing! I love the DP you used!
Thank you for sharing! Tammy

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling!!! I have never done paper piecing- it is so sweet!

Dixie said...

Well done, Karen! The chocolate scallop and green ribbon are such a nice compliment to the picture.

Operation Write Home said...

Love your piecing - and the color combo is yummy!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Your piecing technique turned out great! I love when parts of a card matches and it all comes together and her little dress is just perfect!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Wow~ so cute image and nice colors. Thanks for sharing.