Wednesday, March 3, 2010

For You, MOM


Today I want to share with you another card I created for the Operation Write Home Half and Half Challenge.  The challenge is to create a selection of cards with half of them being either Mother's or Father's Day cards and the other half general cards!  The inspiration for this card started with the desire to use my stash of letter stickers.  If you look through my gallery you'll notice that I rarely use a lot of sentiments so I thought using my letter stickers for names or words would be a perfect way around that!

Today's card base is Basic Black layered with Bubblegum cardstock then two strips of Black Flourish patterned paper.  The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of PTI White using the Great Friend stamp set.  I rouned the top two corners then layered it on to a 2 3/4 x 4 piece of Basic Black then a slightly larger piece of Bubblegum cardstock.  I also rounded the top two corners on the mat layers.

Before attaching the image to the card base I wrapped White Organdy Ribbon around it and tied a beautiful bow in front.  I added the word "MOM" using my DCWV Letter Stickers.  The butterfly was stamped using my Pink Passion craft pad on PTI White then embossed with clear embossing powder and cut out.  I attached the butterfly to the image using a small piece of mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added medium Kaiser Rhinestones along the Basic Black cardstock under the work "MOM" as well as small Kaiser Rhinestones to the center of the butterfly!

Hope you have a beautiful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Great Friend (Stampin' Up);  Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, Black Flourish PP and Bubblegum (Doodlebug Design);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pink Passion Craft Pad;  Other: Letter Stickers (DCWV), Kaiser Rhinestones, Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger), White Organdy Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch, Sponge and Mounting Tape.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! I really like how the purple and white look so great with the black. When you look at the card everything just pops out.

Carrie said...

Great Mother's day card, love the color combo.

Kellie said...

This is a beautiful card and I just love the design.

lcamacho said...

WOW!this is beautiful.I love the colors.