Monday, March 29, 2010

Lexicon Of Love

Before I share today's card with everyone, I have some super exciting news to share... the OWH Stars and Stamps Spring Break Blog Hop sketch challenge winner.  The lucky winner will receive this awesome blog candy.

A HUGE thanks to all of you who played along in the sketch challenge. The response was overwhelming and heartfelt, not to mention had me scrabbling to come up with more sketches but I loved every minute of it. In total I received 85 requests for sketches and of those I received 33 sketches back for a total of 51 amazing cards! All the cards created are beautiful and I can't wait to feature them on the Stars and Stamps blog!     

So... without further ado...  the lucky WINNER is Bev Epstein.  Congratulations, Bev!!!  Shoot me an email with your address and I'll get the box of goodies in the mail to you!  To see the winning sketch and Bev's beautiful card creations, please visit the Stars and Stamps blog on Sunday, May 2nd. 


Today I want to share with you the card I created for the Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #10.  I had lots of fun playing with this challenge and the tags were a fun change of pace!  Most of the products I used in creating this card are from the Taylored Expressions August Key Ingredients Kit.  I've had this kit since... yep, August and am just now getting around to playing with it, LOL! 

My card base is Suede Brown Dark layered with a slightly smaller piece of Papaya Puree Medium cardstock.  I punched all four corners of a slightly smaller piece of Vignette patterned paper then attached it to the card base.  Next I cut a 2 1/4 x 4 1/4 strip of Suede Brown Dark cardstock and attached it to the card base 1 1/8" from the top.  Using my Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive I added the lace trim along the top and bottom. 

The tags were made from a 1 x 1 3/4 piece of Papaya Puree Medium cardstock.  Using my plastic tag template I traced and cut the top corners then distressed the edges using Basic Brown and a sponge.  I added the background words to the tags using the Lexicon Of Love stamp set and Basic Brown ink.  Finally I punched a hole in the top of the tag and threaded Ivory DMC through it. 

The flowers were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Flowers For You stamp set and colored in using copic markers.  I cut out the flowers and attached them to the tags using mounting tape.  The sentiment was stamped in Basic Brown on PTI White using the Say It In Style stamp set, punched out using the word window punch then distressed before attaching to the card base.  To add some shimmer to the card I placed medium rhinestones at the center of each flower.

Hope you have an awesome day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Flowers For You (Recollections), Lexicon Of Love (Stampin' Up) and Say It In Style (CTMH);  Paper: Suede Brown Dark and Papaya Puree Medium (Prism), Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up) and Vignette (Pebbles, Linnie Bell Collection);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Brown, Copics R43 and R89;  Other: Lace Trim, Ticket Corner Punch, Word Window Punch, Ivory DMC, Rhinestones, Tag Template, Sponge, Tombow Mono Multi, Mounting Tape.

12 comments:

A Little This and Alot of That said...

what an awesome card, Karen. I love all the details that you put into creating it.


Harriet

Martha said...

Karen your sketch card is beautiful! Love the papers and stamps you used. Thank you so much for trying the sketch and for coordinating the sketch challenges on Stars and Stamps.

My congratulations to Bev!

I'm looking forward to seeing the cards and sketches everyone sent back. I laughed when I read your post Karen. I thought we were all doing the same sketch! Much more exciting to know there will be lots more to see and try.

Seongsook Duncan said...

Karen, Thanks very much for your sketch challenge for the OWH. I think it was a great idea.
Your card is beautiful. Thanks for inspiring me with your detailed information as always.

Carrie said...

Wow what a fantastic card. Love the trio of tags and flowers and the color combo is very eye catching.

Linda said...

What a beautiful card, very funky and I love the colour combination you've used.

Sara and Co said...

Oh, I love your use of tags! Your blog has so many creative and inspiring ideas! Your blog candy challenge looks like it was fun! Have a great day!

Tami said...

this is real pretty

KymKreates said...

so many special touches, very sweet! adore it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- such a pretty layout and great embellishments- love the tags! TFS

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love the trim that you used.

Operation Write Home said...

So sweet - love that touch of lace!! The colors are really pretty together :)

Shraddha said...

The tags are so cute, and the lace is lovely..the card is just perfect!