Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pink Silhouette


As I was typing the creative design for this card I realized this might be the first card in a long time that I haven't embellished with brads, buttons, rhinestones, gems or pearls!  Hang on while I go check my temperature, LOL!  The layout I used for this card is one I seem to come back to time and time again!  Something about it's simplicity and elegance appeals to me.  Whatever it is, I always love the cards I create using it!

Today's card base is Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of Pink Passion cardstock then a 2 1/2 strip of Black Divine patterned paper.  The image was stamped in Pink Passion on PTI White using the Garden Silhouettes stamp set.  I paper pierced the edges before layering on to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black cardstock and attaching to the card base with mounting tape.  To embellish the card I wrapped White Ribbon around the card base and tied a knot in front.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps:  Garden Silhouettes (Stampin' Up);  Paper: Basic Black, Pink Passion, PTI White and Black Divine Patterned Paper (Doodlebug Desing);  Ink: Pink Passion;  Other: Paper Piercing, White Ribbon (Offray) and Mounting Tape.

7 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

Gorgeous colors, and I too love this basic, simple design!!

debb said...

Beautiful card-love the pink and black together!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Karen. I also like the layout - but my favorite are the colors......WOW! Stunning.

Anna ~ Flatkatt said...

Lovely card! The pink stands out so well against the B&W. That's such a versatile layout.

lcamacho said...

Hello Karen,Beautiful card.And I love the color combo.

MiamiKel said...

Karen, this is such an exquisite card - it's so stunning with this color combo palette and the bright flower image that just pops! You make truly beautiful cards, I loved looking at your different techniques and layouts and choices of color are just spot on! What a joy to stop in today! TFS!

Paige said...

beautiful card, stunning color combo!