Friday, March 5, 2010

Pretty In Pink


This card was made with the last of my Delilah patterned paper.  I struggled forever trying to find the perfect ribbon for this card and finally went with this pretty pink designer ribbon.  My card base is Pinecone layered with a 3 x 4 piece of Delilah Stripe and 2 1/4 x 4 strip of Pretty In Pink embossed with the Cuttle Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. To cover the seam I used a 1 inch strip of Yam cardstock.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Natural Beauty stamp set and colored in using Copic Markers.  I paper pierced the edges around the image then cut the paper in to a 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 tag and layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Pinecone before attaching it to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added the pretty bow and a couple pink buttons threaded with DMC White.

Thanks for stopping by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Natural Beauty (Stampin' Up);  Paper: Pretty In Pink, Pinecone and Yam (Bazzill), Delilah Stripe (BoBunny) and PTI White;  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics E47, R43 and YG95;  Other: Buttons, DMC White, Paper Piercing, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Tags Template, Ribbon and Mounting Tape.

6 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

I'm loving the tag image and the classic design of this great card! Beautiful DP and coloring!!

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! I really like that ribbon!

Marlene said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Elizabeth said...

Such a pretty card and I think you made the perfect choice for the ribbon. Beautiful.

Paige said...

perfect title for your post - this is pretty in pink!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful layout- I love this pretty card!