Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Breeze


Spring hasn't quite made it to Monticello, MN yet so I thought I'd make this card to help it along a little, LOL! The pre-coloured digital image is from another digital scrapbooking kit I downloaded from Shabby Princess called Spring Breeze. The green backgound paper is a digital freebie from Fred, She Said and is part of the Blossoms Kit Plain Paper Collection.

My Spring Breeze card base is Yoyo Yellow layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White cardstock. I trimmed one end using my Scallop Edge Punch before attaching it to the card base. Next I added a 3 3/4 x 4 1/2 piece of paper pierced green Blossoms Kit Plain Paper. Then I cut two 1 1/2 x 3 1/4 strips of Yoyo Yellow cardstock and rounded the corners. I wrapped Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon around the card base and tied a bow in front.

The leaves peaking out from the image were die cut with my Sizzix Sidekick using Wild Wasabi cardstock and the Little Leaves Sizzlits Die. The pre-coloured digital image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer.  I rounded the corners and attached it to the card base using mounting tape. To add some sparkle to the card I added medium Rhinestones along the scallop edge and in the center of each flower.


Hope you have a beautiful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Botanical Chip Yellow Flower (Shabby Princess, Spring Breeze Collection);  Paper: Yoyo Yellow, Wild Wasabi, PTI White and Green Plain Paper (Fred, She Said);  Other:  Rhinestones, Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon (Stampin' Up), Little Leaves (Sizzlits Die), Scallop Edge Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Paper Piercing and Mounting Tape.

11 comments:

KymKreates said...

looking at this card I sure do think of spring!!! It is just lovely!!! Was looking where you lived this morning. Closest one to me!!!
Kym

A Little This and Alot of That said...

Wonderful "spring" card.... I love it and the digital flower is beautifully colored...

Harriet

Seongsook Duncan said...

What a beautiful card and your techniques. I love the way you embellished. You are my inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! I also really like the layout you used. So pretty.

lcamacho said...

Karen,I think this card is so cute.Love the image.If I could send some warm sun your way.I would but for now I will just hope You get some soon :)

Tami said...

This is very pretty and very put together. Great job

Our Little Inspirations said...

I just love the colors you used here, and those flowers look absolutely real! Gorgeous!

Carrie said...

Wow I love these colors. The card is beautiful and so versatile too. You could use this for just about any occasion.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

It doesn't feel like spring is here today either, hopfully soon though. Very pretty spring card and I really like your rhinestones.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- gorgeous- I love the layout alot. Love the colors you used. TFS

Patty said...

Nice Spring-y card. I really like the color combination!